Leica T keeps not finding the lens

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but I noticed it after the firmware update before the last and the current update to 1.3 didn't fix the problem. Quite often, but not always, when I switch on the camera I get a lens error message displaying on the screen. Initially I would press the lens release rotate the lens on the mount and rotate it back to lock it and the problem would go away. Sometimes I would have to do it more than once. Since firmware 1.3 I notice I just have to press the lens release button and let it go and the problem goes away. I am not sure if this easier fix is new or I just didn't know it would work like that before. In either case, it's hardly acceptable and I don't know why it's happening. Is this a known problem that others have experienced or am I missing something that causes it? It happens with the original kit zoom as well as with the new telephoto zoom.

- Vikas

Thank you both for your reply. Didn't imagine it would be anything to do with the memory card! That could be it, I'll first swap the memory card and then upgrade to the new firmware, which does list >>Lens error with specific SD cards<< as one of the fixes, and try with both cards!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

just for our information, could you please post vendor and model of the SD card that was causing problems?

Sure. It's a Samsung 64GB card that I got as a free gift with - I can't remember what. It is a capacity beyond what I would ever use but it's also a very fast card so I popped it in and it worked fine. Before that though I was using a 32GB Sandisk micro-SD inserted into a standard SD adapter (bought together in one pack) and that too showed the same intermittent problem.

• Like 1