Firmware 1.31 is here!

Leica published the content of this firmware

Version 1.31 Fixing of the following bugs:

1. Lens error with specific SD cards

2. WLAN connection error (in case the SSID is too long)

3. Image number reset after FW-Update or camera reset

4. Unnecessary icons shown in EVF live view image while using M-adapter T

• Like 2

I tried it briefly. WiFi is working properly now, icons in the EVF are gone when using M-adaptor and number sequence is correct. Don't know about lens errors.

Still annoying that you lose your existing user profiles.

So far so good, it is solving errors of the 1.3, no improvements as such. Will have to wait for that in version 1.4, I presume. Whenever that will be.

Edited by AndrewAM
  • Like 1

Still I my issue with M lenses and images being held in the viewfinder screen are there.

Please fix it Leica.

I reported this back when it was firmware 1.1, and there have been 3 releases since.

It is not good enough.

What I am talking about is this:

ok, using M Lenses on the T with the M to T adapter.

I do not use focus assist at all and just focus using the full screen. (as per Jono Slack's recommendation!)

In single shot mode:

When you take an image, and then half press the shutter while the preview of the image just taken is still in the view finder, it holds the image until you release the shutter again.

Vs the behaviour with a T Lens on the T, if you half press the image preview goes away.

However if you fire off a few images, when there is anything in the buffer, you only see the last image taken and can’t get back to ‘real time’ until the buffer is cleared.

This is very frustrating as you miss shots

Now the problem only gets worse in continuous mode.

If you use M lenses in continuous mode:

The image preview is held until the entire buffer is written out.

So you focus, then take a burst of 2-4 shots, the view finder does not come live until all of the 4 shots have been cleared to card.

In firmware 1.1, this used to be the exact same behaviour as with T lenses, however it was fixed for firmware 1.2.

It is still outstanding when you use M lenses.

As a result, I have been waiting for 8 months for this fix and my camera is not being used much at all...

Leica published the content of this firmware

Version 1.31 Fixing of the following bugs:

1. Lens error with specific SD cards

2. WLAN connection error (in case the SSID is too long)

3. Image number reset after FW-Update or camera reset

4. Unnecessary icons shown in EVF live view image while using M-adapter T

What are the "unnecessary icons"? I see no difference between 1.301 and 1.310...

That could have done a better job. The camera still has difficulties connecting to my network (after entering the SSID the camera seems to be stuck forever), but most of all: why is there still no RAW-only function? I do not want/need jpgs!

strange, I never had WIFI issues whatsoever with any of the firmware versions including connecting to my iphone's personal hotspot (which uses double byte characters in the SSID). Ok, that doesn't exactly help you ...

Regarding the file format. This is very much in line with the X series cameras and I don't really know the reason, but this is obviously done on purpose. Most people are just living with it and you can twist the parameters to get DNG for your workflow and an additional JPEG to your liking (picture parameters, size, black and white, etc.). I work with the DNG at home, but the JPEG is fine for casual use on the road (pull from tablet/phone, send to someone quickly)

Yeah I know I can bypass the jpg files, but I just want to have the option to shoot jpg or not. This would be in line with the M (240), the D-lux even and my DMR...

As far as the wifi is concerned, I eventually got a connection after a few reboots (removing the battery and waiting 10 secs) so I guess that is solved now...

Yeah I know I can bypass the jpg files, but I just want to have the option to shoot jpg or not. This would be in line with the M (240), the D-lux even and my DMR...

yes, and the old digital M's ... don't remember having to choose JPG and DNG on my M8.2

Things are different in the X and T world since the X1 and Leica either has a good reason or they are just a little stubborn. But to be honest, I'd rather have them address some other issues than the JPG+DNG, which in the end is only a capacity problem.

That could have done a better job. The camera still has difficulties connecting to my network (after entering the SSID the camera seems to be stuck forever), but most of all: why is there still no RAW-only function? I do not want/need jpgs!

I believe that the Jpegs are necessary for (re)viewing in "play" mode in camera, i.e. when "chimping"

I believe that the Jpegs are necessary for (re)viewing in "play" mode in camera, i.e. when "chimping"

That would be a surprise since the standard DNG can, and usually does include a small, low-resoution JPEG specifically intended for previewing in-camera regardless of whether you ask for one.

You must be misinformed, because you do not need to record as raw+jpg to be able to "chimp" or "review" your shot. Cameras that record raw only have no trouble doing this.

That would be a surprise since the standard DNG can, and usually does include a small, low-resoution JPEG specifically intended for previewing in-camera regardless of whether you ask for one.

You must be misinformed, because you do not need to record as raw+jpg to be able to "chimp" or "review" your shot. Cameras that record raw only have no trouble doing this.

The camera under discussion is, however, not a camera which records raw only. Both the X and the T series do use the image in JPEG format for viewing.

The preview image in the raw file is too small; its resolution is not sufficient for the task. Had they included a preview image in the raw file which is sufficient for chimping at reasonable resolutions, the question would become moot as the camera would produce both a raw image and a high resolution jpeg version for each image which is what macSpikes wanted to avoid, only they would reside within the same file, in which case you can not easily get rid of the version you don't want.

Of course it's possible to build camera which lets you display the image for which it has only a raw version; it's just that neither the Ts nor the Xes do so. I presume it might be for lack of processing power, who knows.

• Like 2