Additional Lens for my T

If you're doing indoor shooting with people involved, get the Summicron for its faster aperture (although a Summilux 35 would suit better). if you're not, take the 11-23 and a tripod. it works really well and IQ at low ISOs is fantastic.

Hi, I have the 23 and the 11-23. For what it,s worth my view is go for the 11-23. The extra stop and smaller size of the 23 isn't worth the very high level of purple fringing in areas of high contrast. The fringing isn't removed by in camera processing. Other than that it is a great lens, but the 11-23 has impressed me in the few days that I have been using it.

Hi, I have the 23 and the 11-23. For what it's worth my view is go for the 11-23. The extra stop and smaller size of the 23 isn't worth the very high level of purple fringing in areas of high contrast. The fringing isn't removed by in camera processing. Other than that it is a great lens, but the 11-23 has impressed me in the few days that I have been using it.

i'd recommend the 23cron for it's extra stop & i like results in b+w. it's compact & sharper than any of the zooms so far. the 21elmarit 3.4 is also a great performer & would give you the manual rangefinder experience with the T - M adaptor..

Hardly use the 23 ........

The 11-23 is by contrast very useful and produces great results ....... I took my M plus T on a hiking trip to the mountains in Tenerife with all 4 T lenses ..... and the T got the most usage ....... and the 11-23 was on the camera most of the time. You can use it with very low shutter speeds and there is almost no distortion at any focal length ....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Outdoor .... and indoor .....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

it really depends what you plan to do.

IMO the 23 Summicron is great, allows nice shallow DOF, is good for indoor low light shots, and balances very nice on the T.

I also own the 11-23 which seems like a very nice lens as well, but its quite big and I do use the 23mm more often. However I am someone who likes 35mm FOV a lot.

21/3.4.....mmmmhhh, I would prefer the 23 Summicron because of AF and the f2.0.

If you dig ultra wide angle the 11-23 is a very nice lens as well.

thanks for the feedback. I use the T for travel, indoors and think i will most likely go with the 23mm for the size as I find the zooms a bit big. Presently I have a M6 (from my dad with a 35mm and 9cm) and hope to eventually save and get a digital M