DL 109 UV filter, lens hood and case

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There appears to be another option available now:

http://www.jjc.cc/index.php/Product/product_info/id/1076

I wonder, why they still use the slits, which allow a better view with an optical viewfinder...

Stefan

No idea, but this statement sounds a bit odd......." LH-43LX100 adopts a vented design which allows more light to enter the image and causes no vignetting"..........the whole idea is to stop extraneous light entering!  I hope that's just something "lost in translation" and not an indication of their optical prowess!  :o 

I think they most likely had a hood left over from a previous "rangefinder" camera and found it also fit the 109/LX100 perfectly, so just slipped it on the list.

Edited by Boxbrownie
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and since yesterday a happy and proud owner of a D-Lux typ 109 (Solid Gray)   :)

I'm looking for a proper filter to protect my lens against sand, dust etc. since I'm going on holidays next week and have to shoot pictures on beaches.

Is the Cokin filter in combination with the automatic lens cap the best solution or are there any new combinations available?

Regards,

Jan

I use the Silver Fotasy LX100 UV Auto Self-Retaining Lens Cap and 43 mm Nano Slim MRC HD Filter. The filter is included in the package and it is perfectly ok for the beaches. I also have a 43mm B+W polarizing filter.

As you know, in order to use the Fotasy or Panasonic or JVC auto lens cap, you will have to unscrew the front lens ring and keep it somewhere along with the beautiful Leica lens cap.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and since yesterday a happy and proud owner of a D-Lux typ 109 (Solid Gray)   :)

I'm looking for a proper filter to protect my lens against sand, dust etc. since I'm going on holidays next week and have to shoot pictures on beaches.

Is the Cokin filter in combination with the automatic lens cap the best solution or are there any new combinations available?

Regards,

Jan

HI Jan ,

I am considering purchasing the Solid Gray  D-Lux top 109; please share your impressions of the finish. And what does the strap look like? Will you use a half-body cover? And finally, what did you do for a filter / lens cap solution?

Regards,

cj

My D-Lux Type 109 fitted out with the Gariz half-case, Cokin super slim polarizing filter and JJC automatic cap:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 month later...

Guaranteed the "Cokin Pure Harmonie UV 43mm filter" will fit the 109 and the auto lens hood will close perfectly. www.cokin-filters.com or you can try eBay or Best Buy. You can also buy one at  www.omegabrandess.com . When you get to the website enter "43mm" or Pure Harmonie" in the search bar.   I usually never use filters but the glass of this lens is too vulnerable to hitting something when extended. I have it set to auto close after one minute of non use, but if it hits something I would rather break a filter than the lens. The Cokin appears to me made in France. It is good quality. Good luck.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Guys,

Regards,

Jan

Guaranteed the "Cokin Pure Harmonie UV 43mm filter" will fit the 109 and the auto lens hood will close perfectly. www.cokin-filters.com or you can try eBay or Best Buy. You can also buy one at  www.omegabrandess.com . When you get to the website enter "43mm" or Pure Harmonie" in the search bar.   I usually never use filters but the glass of this lens is too vulnerable to hitting something when extended. I have it set to auto close after one minute of non use, but if it hits something I would rather break a filter than the lens. The Cokin appears to me made in France. It is good quality. Good luck.

• 4 months later...

I own a Cokin Pure Harmonie UV 43mm filter, but unfortunately it's designed and engineered by Cokin in France, and made in China.