Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse, Maine, USA

fotofool

Perfect shot, really! However: You can post pictures up to 1024 pixels wide here. Shots like this really profit from every additional pixel in size, so I would strongly suggest to make use of the opportunities you have here.

Marcus

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Perfect shot, really! However: You can post pictures up to 1024 pixels wide here. Shots like this really profit from every additional pixel in size, so I would strongly suggest to make use of the opportunities you have here.

Marcus

Thanks Marcus, I was confused about that. The following post by Andy is linked as a reminder at the top of the Landscape & Travel sub forum...

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/landscape-travel/announcements.html

It says 960px on the long side. So I chose 800px because that's the next smaller size Flickr provides down from 1024. Apparently that announcement has become outdated. Now that I know, here is the 1024 version...

16674903042_1e39e8c04c_b.jpgBass Harbor Head Lighthouse by Jeffrey Michael Parsons, on Flickr

• Like 1

Yeah, Jeff: more than 60% more image area makes a tremendous difference! I am glad that the Leica forum has increased the maximum picture dimensions, as much as the maximum file size.

How long was the exposure time? The blurred foam on the water suggests a few seconds.

Marcus

• Like 1

How long was the exposure time? The blurred foam on the water suggests a few seconds.

Marcus

It's actually and HDR composite of several exposures. i was not able to hold the highlights on the horizon and the shadows in the foreground rocks with a single exposure. But, as I usually do, I took some care with the HDR process to produce a natural image that looks like what I remember. I think the water portion was in the middle exposure which was three seconds. It was shot at f/16 with a polarizing filter.

Thanks Marcus, I was confused about that. The following post by Andy is linked as a reminder at the top of the Landscape & Travel sub forum...

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/landscape-travel/announcements.html

It says 960px on the long side. So I chose 800px because that's the next smaller size Flickr provides down from 1024. Apparently that announcement has become outdated. Now that I know, here is the 1024 version...

Apologies.

1024 pixels is now the maximum size.

When I get a chance, I will update the linked thread.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughtful suggestions.

For what it's worth, I also made this mono image from on of the exposures I made while sitting on a rock waiting for the sun to set. I was picturing an epic sunset behind the lighthouse but was greeted with storms instead. The result above was not what I had previsualized but was perhaps better!

15485154037_24484592b9_b.jpgBass Harbor Head Lighthouse Mono by Jeffrey Michael Parsons, on Flickr

• Like 1