Leica 'T' straps

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Not happy with the ergonomics of the neck strap or the hand strap. Neck strap is like a wriggling snake and far too thick - and its springiness does not permit stowing the camera away neatly. The hand strap is too small/constricting and when around my wrist does not permit comfortable use of the camera's hand grip. I tried the hand strap last night with an SF 24D flash and a manual focus 35mm Summicron R - and came to the conclusion that the camera would be easier and more comfortable to use tripod mounted. I'm using manual focus lenses so it's possible that with AF lenses the strap ergonomics might be better. However, I bought the 'T' (secondhand b/o) specifically to use with manual focus lenses.

OEM fabric straps are not offered - so plan to modify my own to fit the 'T'.

On a more positive note, last night in preparation for an assignment this evening I was able to manually focus the 'T' in almost total darkness using the monitor and 3x mag. focus aid … and with the monitor brightness set to 'high'. I did not use the Viso because the flashgun was attached. Once focused at full aperture (in darkness) it's a simple matter to stop the lens down ' by feel' (click stops) and then press the shutter. The usable high ISO settings (e.g. ISO 1600) permit use of relatively low power flash.

dunk

Edited by dkpeterborough

Mine went straight in a drawer.

Chop the lugs off and modify a leather strap ........ not too much work if you are handy with a needle and thread .....

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

Will try a similar modification. But the question arises: "Why were such unergonomic straps offered as original equipment?" Was 'the snake' designed in collaboration with photographers? Or was it just an 'exercise' to make 'something different'? The snap cases are even more disastrous.

dunk

• Like 2

I picked up the Match Technical lug kit, threw my Tap & Dye strap on and never looked back! The rubber silicon OEM stuff simply stunk, especially here in southern Florida where the humidity made the silicon a glue trap that did not move fluidly across skin!

I am going to buy those Match lugs as well today and use my Artisan strap.

While I don't like the material of the T strap, I didn't think it was too bad in day to day use. It kinda handles like a stiff leather strap (or should I say: the T straps stubbornness reminds me of a stiff leather strap), but the flexibility makes it a little more comfortable.

anyway, can I ask thighslapper what kind of case that is on the picture?