T firmware contact?

haydenc

I did get a reply from an email I sent.

However it did take 10 days and all it said was it was passed onto the right department.

It hardly gave me confidence that it would be fixed as I was hoping they could confirm that they too were seeing the same problem.

Now I have found a few other minor issues that I wanted put on the list for things to be fixed up in the next firmware. I will go back to support again.

I hardly think that any company would act immediately on an individual request. I would expect them to collect customer feedback over a period of time, evaluate the and then decide whether there is a reason to update the firmware in that respect. You cannot expect more.

Edited by jaapv
  • Like 2

The issues that I have come across I have not seen anyone mention before, so I doubt they have them listed.

I would expect that if someone goes to the trouble of documenting exactly where the issue(s) are and exactly the steps to recreate them, that you might get an acknowledgement to say they see the bug too and that they will see what they can do.

One approach might be for me to create a youtube video and show all the bugs that I have found etc, and put it out there into the wild.

However I just want this camera fixed, and would prefer to do that privately.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In that case I doubt that they are issues, but that we are speaking either of a specific fault of a single camera or of individual wishes.

Maybe it might be a good idea to list them here.

Edited by jaapv
  • Like 2

In that case I doubt that they are issues, but that we are speaking either of a specific fault of a single camera or of individual wishes.

Maybe it might be a good idea to list them here.

They are bugs with the camera not individual requests.

They have been in place since firmware 1.1

Some of them were fixed in firmware 1.2, however the main ones that concern me are still outstanding.

I have mentioned them on this site before, but nobody has said they concur, or even that what I am seeing was a problem for them.

Mainly to do with holding of the image when using M lens, and also if you use continuous shooting mode, the view finder not clearing until all of the shots are cleared to card.

These issues were also present with T lenses, however I was able to report those via someone that has a contact, and they were fixed. However they are still present when using M lenses. As I only use M lenses now with this camera, I just want them fixed.

Edited by haydenc

The issues that I have come across I have not seen anyone mention before, so I doubt they have them listed.

I would expect that if someone goes to the trouble of documenting exactly where the issue(s) are and exactly the steps to recreate them, that you might get an acknowledgement to say they see the bug too and that they will see what they can do. [...]

I believe that is a good idea. Others have itemized issues they find in Leica cameras. The great challenge is to make the document short, concise, easily stepped through in order to perfectly replicate.

One thing often excluded from such articles is the exact state of the camera when the issue arises. Include all menu options in effect, battery state, use the same SD card, document environment, and so-forth. To facilitate just that I suggested some time ago that Leica include a 'debug dump' option in the menu to write all parameters to the root of the SD card. Such a thing might already exist but we would not know about it.

Best of luck!