How to replace Red Dot Logo

The replacement is a two-minute job. Warm slightly, wiggle with your thumb to break the adhesive and slide off. The sourcing of a gray dot may be somewhat more difficult, unless you use a can of paint.

The search function will reveal dozens of threads on the subject.

DAG still provides black dots for the M (bigger, and a bit more costly than same for the M8/M9). I got black ones from him for my chrome M8.2 and black M. [My black M8.2 was the only camera model with standard black dot from Leica, who got chastised for doing it.]

Easy change…as Jaap said, lots of discussion via search box.

Jeff

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Mario, I agree with you, the black looks better than red on the silver chrome. I replaced the red dots on my black M8 and M9 with black (from DAG) and liked that. So far I have been enjoying the red on my M240. I'm not sure why but I like the red and haven't got around to switching it yet. Maybe, this time I'll replace it with a big ol' fake screw. Does DAG sell those? :rolleyes:

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I removed the red color with paint remover and ended up with a silver-on-silver logo dot:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

On 5/24/2019 at 3:47 AM, thyjoon said:

Is the logo of typ 262 same as typ 240?

Nope they are different 

M typ 262 use the small red dot, just like almost every Leica bodies. 
However M typ 240 use the big red dot. Just like T/TL/TL2 and SL/SL2. 

Some official repair shops can source you official small black dot for only 10 to 15€. They used them when they have to service M8.2 cameras. But act fast, Leica closed any further order of black dots. 

I used to change the Small red dot for a Small black dot for every Leica cameras. Until the Q2, when Leica impeach french repair shops to buy them. That coincide with CL Bauhaus édition released : a CL with a black dot and Bauhaus embrossing  

Edited by nicci78

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting older & nicked about too.  But this 240 is as robust and reliable as it was from its very 1st exposure

Some recent work:  Monochrome Compositions - March 2020

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

You could remove the red dot and make a new one with you own name or something else on it.

i made something similar for a homemade wooden camera, it was a bit bigger than a red dot.  Print it small on a computer/printer, put a good quality clear plastic covering on it and stick it on.