HP B9180 Printer Experience

barjohn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well, I'm still riding the Epson 2200 bandwagon, somewhat out of stubbornness, and partially due to a large investment in Epson papers, which I've always found excellent. That said, the next time my Epson printer head clogs will be the last time I use an Epson.

Anyone use papers like Epson's Heavyweight Matte on the HP (or Canon)? How were the results?

One thing I really like about the HP is that is seems wholly unfussy about paper. As long as you have a good profile and it is paper suitable for pigment ink, you get a good result. I have used, HP (various), Hannemuhle Fine Art, Kodak Ultima, Ilford (various), Epson Heavyweight Satin and Fuji Hi-Gloss paper all with success. The Epson R1800 I have in the UK, really only likes either Epson or Ilford.

That reminds me I must remember to take all my Kodak Ultima 265 gsm paper out from the UK when I go back next week, as it would not work at all in the R1800. It swelled up to the extent that it hit the toothed feed rollers and left dotted lines down each print. I had bought a job lot when a local print shop closed.

John - I should have mentioned that like others, I am allowing Photoshop to manage the print.

Wilson