Abstract birches - but is it a photo?

flyalf

A photograph, but as you say slightly abstract in presentation. The current LFI has an article showing the pictures of trees by Lord Charles March of Goodwood which are even more abstract. I think the technical process makes it a photograph, after that it is in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 1

This is a really beautiful image - I love it.

(I don't think there are any limitations as to what a photo should be…this is just an exploration of the medium…there's no reason why we should necessarily expect a camera to see what our eyes see…sorry, I'm rambling!)

cheers:

Sam

• Like 2

This is a creative image however I think it would benefit from being given good black and white conversion, the heavy greyish snow looks clunky......well, on my screen anyway.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, and to others as well :).

I always prefer color ;). The snow should be slight bluish with tones of yellow. And the trees are slightly orange. But I cannot guarantee that my screen is properly calibrated, its been a while. These winter snow tones can be hellishly difficult to master, and only slight variations will differ.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, and to others as well :).

I always prefer color ;). The snow should be slight bluish with tones of yellow. And the trees are slightly orange. But I cannot guarantee that my screen is properly calibrated, its been a while. These winter snow tones can be hellishly difficult to master, and only slight variations will differ.

Thanks....I thought later that perhaps I was a bit blunt, of course it is your image and I was putting my preconceptions onto you, as I always (to a great degree) prefer b&w...mea culpa and apologies.

• Like 1