Marching on into the countryside

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Keops
      Hi there. Today while taking photos with my MP I realized some kind of liquid had dropped on the back of my camera. It had been dried before I noticed it. As a reflex I immediately clean the thing but the same stuff had also snuck on to the light seal cloth that covers the parameters of the back door. How can I clean the residue on the light seal? Or should I bother? I am afraid of the possibility of the strange liquid damaging the light seal.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By NielA
      I recently bought a brand new Leica MP at the LA store last month, and after shooting a few rolls with it, I noticed that there are hairline scratches on the right side of the images after I scanned the negatives myself. After taking it to a different film lab, it seems that the scratches are still visible when scanned. One weird thing is when I had the negatives scanned by a lab, the scratches disappear (see photo). I’m not sure if my eyesight is horrible, but the scratches are not visible when viewed under regular right. I also tried flipping the negatives when I scan it, but the scratches stay on the right side, which rules out the scanner. Finally, I checked the camera itself, and I noticed a thin horizontal line by the top screws on the camera's pressure plate. Is this where the scratches came from? If so, how do I fix it? Do I send it to Leica for maintenance just after purchasing it last month? Do I return it or ask for a replacement?

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Keops
      Hello there. I have been entertaining the idea of buying a half case for my Leica MP. I have mixed views about the half cases for these fine cameras. On one hand I want to protect this valuable piece of delicate machinery from harm as much as I can but on the other hand I don't want an extra layer of thickness while holding the camera which has already perfect dimensions. While I think of the Leicas and the cameras in general which have survived to this day I see a lot of them have some sort of leather case that protected them for all those years. But when I see the cameras of pros that have been brassed beautifully I admire them even more because of those marks. What are your thoughts on this subject? Does a Leica need a protection from harm? Should a black paint Leica brass over time? Will a Leica brass no matter what the intentions of its user? Does a half case make the camera thicker in a way that it affects its usability? Or do half cases make the camera easier to hold? If used with a half case, does black paint Leicas gather an uneven patina? 
    • By Keops
      Hello there. I am a happy owner of a Leica MP. I bought it as my first Leica couple of days ago after saving up for a considerable amount of time. Unfortunately I have a problem with my camera and after searching in internet I found out that nobody had a problem like mine. So I wanted to ask this minor thing that has been itching me for the last 2 days to the knowledgable people of this forum:
      My question is: Is it normal to have a 3mm long scratch in the inside of the baseplate, close to the little wheel? I noticed that after opening up the camera there is a small protrusion which sticks out of the camera in the film take up spool side. I suspect that it made the scratch to the inside of the baseplate as the tip of the protrusion is matching with the scratch itself. I don't remember if it was there or not when I opened camera for the first time. When I had my camera for the first time I accidentally closed the baseplate without the backdoor of the camera sitting perfectly. So when I locked the baseplate up the backdoor was literally open. I ofcource immediately saw my mistake and closed the camera correctly. Is there a possibility of I caused that scratch? 
      I am afraid that I was so excited to have my Leica that I caused the scratch by accident. If you enlighten me in this subject I would be grateful. Thanks in advance...
    • By Keith (M)
      Two views of the little church in the Wiltshire hanlet of Winterbourne Monckton. The exterior one is very 'chocolate box' whilst the interior one was hand-held at a very slow shutter-speed. Both MP, Elmarit-M 28mm ASPH, Portra 160.