Sign in to follow this  
Iduna

Illumination Festival in Winter

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Last Weekend we went to a city on occasion of a firework to the city of Dortmund. As it took place in an illuminated park we spent a couple of hours there and felt as if being in a colorful fairy tale.

(My shots with 5DMKII+Mamiya zoom lens can be seen on my Flickr account)

Olympus EM 5 with Summilux 15 mm used as back-up camera. It was also good to have a fast prime lens which had to be handheld, since the tripod word with the heavier camera.

Enjoy the color burst!

Lars,

thanks for mentioning the handheld experiment. It's being appreciated.

Dee,

many thanks. "Magic" was the issue indeed and normal views being avoided. There'll be a series of events during the next months and I am planning to visit this or the other location.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

beautiful colors, Iduna. Love the vibrancy, which is wonderfully saturated but not in an unrealistic way.

Adam,

many thanks. The Park illumination was in fact on the verge of being kitschy but this was also a pleasant sight in the dark winter season. Nice to have your kind feedback.

Iduna, for me to see all these wonderful photos it take me 10 minutes just to down load , I'm afraid I will have to wait until I get back to the U.S. my network connection here in Cebu sucks. One or two I can handle:(

Best regards

Hank

Bill,

thanks a lot for your encouraging comment. I appreciate the suggestion for print.

Robert,

nice to have your warm feedback. Yes, we were really inspired that day and if the pictures shwo this, I am happy, thanks.

Hank,

Thank you for liking my series so much. THey'll wait for you here in the forum. This winter here is dull without much snow and we were glad that day to enjoy the colors for a change.

John,

nice to have your kind comment. These are temperature dimensions we can't even imagine here in our "cosy warm" place of West-Germany. Be sure spring will come and will bring back the charme of flowers.....Take care!

Brent,

nice to have your comment and support. Thanks for enjoying the vivid color festival.

Tom.

many thanks for stopping ba and enjoying the set.

Many thanks to all forum members hitting the famous button! It is being weel appreciated.