Noctilux 0.95 Price Check

briweed

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have been offered a used Minty Noctilux 0.95 for $7500.00 US from a dealer. I have noticed the price on these have come down in recent months. Looking for current price info to ensure that I am in the ballpark. I really like the lens, but if the price is not right, I can certainly wait on pulling the trigger.

Thanks,

B

Was that an f/1.0 non-ASPH or an f/0.95 ASPH?

I did a double take when I saw the listing. Was a 0.95, original box and papers.

The Leica Store-SoHo (Kurland Camera), had one for $7900 a fortnight past.

Edited by james.liam

I suspect that the near-zero DOF fad is fading away. Considering price, you can get shallow DOF from the 75mm Summilux, or even a screw-mount Canon 85mm 1.8 from the Sixties and get more pleasing OOF.

If a person NEEDS the light-gathering of an f/0.95 lens on an M(240) then I gotta wonder if he's a nark, a spook or something.

The 0.95 Noctilux was a great exercise. It had to be done to make an engineering statement, but I find no practical rationalization for the monster. I presume now that Leica will not give me one. :)

Edited by pico
  • Like 2

Hello. If you decide to sell let me know. I'm looking. Prices are on there way down. 2 just sold on eBay for <6500.

There's only so large a market for $11,000/€9800 specialty lenses. Leica recently ramped up production on everything so it's no longer so rare and exotic.

Interesting Paul. And the reason is ...

Because there are some shots that no Summilux, Summicron or Summarit will allow you to get, and there is virtually no shot that any of them can enable which the Noctilux can't duplicate. I don't use it for everything, but I think it's an astonishing tool and worth the hours it takes to begin to use it well. It truly helps me identify what it was that caught my eye to begin with - priceless. I can't answer for Paul J but I agree with him.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

I can attest to one that went for $6300

It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that given the eBay listings asking prices (I checked just now), there is some compromise to a Noctilux 0.95 going for that price.

It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that given the eBay listings asking prices (I checked just now), there is some compromise to a Noctilux 0.95 going for that price.

eBay does typically list items at inflated prices the sellers hope to get. Popflash was mentioned above; they've listed a few over the past several months at around $9000 but these are most often QM2 models with full Leica Passport warranties. Considering that the hopefules on eBay are selling them without this and in unknown condition, it is doubtful they will get their lofty prices. As I mentioned above, Kurland had one (now sold) for $7850 that was in top shape (perfect glass, scuff marks to the barrel) that had been CLA'd too.