Open thread: Show us your portraits!

1: M6, Summicron 50, HP5+

2: M9-P, Summicron 50

3: M9-P, Tele Elmarit 90

BR

F.Juul

This is where I'm inevitably going to say I prefer the look of the true black and white film to the "perfection" of the digital image. However, I just admit that the second photo is really the best in my view; great portrait and lovely sky as a backdrop. Did you use fill in flash?

Ric

This is where I'm inevitably going to say I prefer the look of the true black and white film to the "perfection" of the digital image. However, I just admit that the second photo is really the best in my view; great portrait and lovely sky as a backdrop. Did you use fill in flash?

Ric

Nope, no flash was used. I have to admit that digital is "taking over" at my end - despite the nice look of film. Thank you for commenting, and thanks for the nice thread.

Flemming

I still love Portra combined with the 80mm Summilux-R most for portraits!

[ATTACH]484823[/ATTACH]

Whoa, don't be dropping that. It'd take weeks to sweep away the glass...

Ric

Here is a portrait of two other forum members, MerijnvZ (left) and LorenzVS (right), taken with the M, and 50mm Summilux-M ASPH. And some funky filters I created in Lightroom.

I love documenting live and my dearest friends, LorenzVS being the one getting annoyed by it sometimes:

Southern France, finally we arrived after a long drive, and guess what they fell a sleep! 'No we won't sleep!!'

Leica M (Typ 240)

Summicron-M 35mm ASPH.

Large format photographer making his own glass plates in the caravan you see on the background.

Leica M3

50mm Elmar 2,8

Family letting go a 'wish balloon lantern something'

Leica M8

Summicron-M 35mm V3

LorenzVS trying to figure out his exposure times and calculating in his ND filter, just after I started teaching him how to measure the exposure time properly, adding the ND filter made everything even more hocus spocus!

Leica M (Typ 240)

Summilux-M 50mm ASPH.

LorenzVS on a small bridge in the Belgium Ardennes.

Leica R8

Summilux-R 80mm

Hope you enjoy them!

Edited by jip

• jaapv unpinned this topic