New M9 owner

WRB

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello from Northern Ireland, I am new to the forum and also a new M9 owner and am currently coming to terms with using a rangefinder camera. The two photographs below are the first outdoor shots I have taken. I camera was fitted with the 35mm f1.4, the landscape image was taken at 500iso, 34.8, 1/3000 second and the portrait at 32.8 at 1/4000 second. I should probably shoot at higher f stops for landscape photography but I would value your opinions of my first effort. Images were rendered in Lightroom and edited with Silver Efex Pro to produce monochrome and are available from the following Flickr link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16058804@N03/

Many thanks

Roger

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can happily handhold at much lower shutter speeds, I will happily shoot at once times focal length, I'd experiment with iso 160, 320 and see how low you can go with handholding.

I spend most of my time between wide open and f5.6, often prefer f5.6 to f8 depending on the lens

What lens/es do you have ?

• 1 year later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Man, that Silver Efex Pro really make the B&W images pop!  I might have to look into that.  I'm shooting with an M9 as well and love it.  Good job, Mr. Bradley.

Stephen L. Bradley

The thread is a year old.  Since then Nik was sold to Google and now it's free (which I interpret as no longer supported long term....but still works).  But great results can be obtained using various software and techniques, in the right hands.....the real test is in prints....lots of variables to consider besides software.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

• 5 weeks later...