Mist and hoarfrost in the forest series 1

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On the 26th we had no rain and this was the first day for a hike. In the night the temperature fell a bit and there was thick mist. Hopefully I went uphill and found our forest changed for the better.

All are with Canon 5D MKII and Elmarit R 90 mm + Summicron R 50 mm

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 12

Dee,

thank you so much - I am happy that the magic works.

Michael,

thank you for your nice support and sharing your time

Paul,

thanks for your nice feedback, it was 2 hrs of constant amazement and I am happy you like the results. More will follow.

Hi everybody, clicking the button is welcome, thanks

Ali,

many thanks for your kind comment. It is always a pleasure to share and discuss our results.

Bill,

this is nice that you feel familiar with the scenery. We have this kind of weather coincidences not so often and it vanishes very soon, so I was lucky to be at the right spot at the right time.

Stuart,

many thank. You make me feel inspired not to miss the next situation and dig even deeper if possible. I also did some shots with my wonderful Mamiya 150 mm lens but the R lenses were really surprising enough. I never used the Elmarit 90 mm much but these last weeks it advanced to one of my favourites. Let us work on more magic moments!

Sam,

how nice a comment, thank you so much.

The idea for the panorama came to my mind when I noticed that the whole radius was interesting.

The strange thing is that on the left side uphill there is beech forest whereas on the right side downhill there is only needle trees. The reason is the soil of the border on the ocean which reached to these hills in earlier earth age times.