Firmware 1.3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After updating to 1.3 I found that there is a serious problem with camera resetting the image numbering to continue from the last number of the image that is on the memory card. But once image is deleted then it will go back to previous number. For example. If you have 100-1056 on card it will label next image 100-1057. But if you delete 100-1056 the next image you take will be 100-1056. If all images are deleted then it will go back to the 100-0001. Thus the images are not going to be consequtively numbered. This will cause huge problem for everyone when working with images and storing them.

• Like 1

The problem stil exists, so I contacted Leica in Solms and they are checking it. Still waiting for a reply. I can work around it for the moment , it just slightly blocks the view in the EVF.

But a definitive solution would be nice!

Am I the only one with the WiFi problems? It's unusable for the moment.

The Wifi seems much better for me. I am using it both to connect to my home router (which I hardly ever do) and to connect to my iPhone Personal Hotspot (which I do often).

The problem stil exists, so I contacted Leica in Solms and they are checking it. Still waiting for a reply. I can work around it for the moment , it just slightly blocks the view in the EVF.

But a definitive solution would be nice!

Am I the only one with the WiFi problems? It's unusable for the moment.

my WiFi is also not working any more!!! t

After updating to 1.3 I found that there is a serious problem with camera resetting the image numbering to continue from the last number of the image that is on the memory card. But once image is deleted then it will go back to previous number. For example. If you have 100-1056 on card it will label next image 100-1057. But if you delete 100-1056 the next image you take will be 100-1056. If all images are deleted then it will go back to the 100-0001. Thus the images are not going to be consequtively numbered. This will cause huge problem for everyone when working with images and storing them.

Noted and checked too! Not sure how this will affect LR but it could be a real issue on duplicates etc...

This needs a fix ASAP before long term damage is done to peoples work.

I gave up deleting images in-camera years ago...... partly because some M9 SD card issues were thought to be related to this, and mainly because SD card capacity and cost makes it unnecessary.

Regard an SD card as digital film ...... and just keep and process the decent images once you download them. Saves all sort of trouble and potential disastrous mistakes .....:rolleyes:

OK.... so it is a bug .... but the general advice with Leica digitals has always been to avoid deleting files individually.... and re-format the card, preferably in-camera if you need more storage ....

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 1

I just installed the new firmware update and i'm pleasantly surprised. Like an early christmas present, the Leica T has become what it was expected to be from the start. All minor issues and flaws i had on my list are polished away, the whole idea behind the system now works out. The camera is now fast, easy and efficient to handle, provides great image results, now the JPEG on standard look like RAW images for easier adjustments for the final image. Also white balance seems to have improved, i'll be checking this on assignment location tomorrow.

somehow missing from Leicas checklist is the newly added continuous autofocus mode.

Good job on this update Leica :)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Downloaded the file as per previous version but can't seem to update to V1.3.

Batteries fully charges - checked

SD card reformatted - checked

.TUV file copied into SD - checked

Press record button + turn on camera - checked

Then .. Nothing happens... Camera starts up as per normal photo taking.

**video button functionality - checked by taking some videos

Hi there

may not help, but two points:

1. make sure your computer hasn't unilaterally decided to add a .ZIP or similar extension to the file name.

2. You are holding down the video button when you turn the camera on?

all the best

I installed 1.3 with the 23mm on the camera. After the firmware installed, I restarted the camera. Then the firmware upgrade to the lens started. The firmware install finished, and I got a "red" lens error message. After I restarted, the lens was not detected, but after detaching and reattaching the lens everything was fine, and so every time you turn on the camera.

somehow missing from Leicas checklist is the newly added continuous autofocus mode.

Good catch hadn't noticed that.

Hmm...continious AF and a focus limiting mode for telephoto applications. Those are the two features that I use for Macro photography. I wonder if Leica has an unannounced macro lens up their sleeve.

A fast prime lens in approximately the 60mm range could make both a good portrait lens as well as a good macro lens. One thing that a portrait lens and a macro lens have in common is that they don't need to be optimized for carryability in quite the same way that a standard zoom and 35mm equiv need to be. The reason that they gave for the slow zoom and only making a Summicron 35mm equiv was they felt the need to optimize for size. So you can make a physically larger lens. Maybe it is wishful thinking but here is hoping for a:

60mm Macro-Summilux f/1.4-22

(and Leica if you are listening I'd really love to have a 35mm Summilux f/1.4)

• Like 2

That would be a bug. When the Camera detects an image on the card which has a number higher than its internal counter, it should adjust the internal counter to account for the fact that counting must commence from the higher of those two values. That is, the internal counter may only go up, but never down – unless you explicitly reset the counter.

• Like 1

I installed 1.3 with the 23mm on the camera. After the firmware installed, I restarted the camera. Then the firmware upgrade to the lens started. The firmware install finished, and I got a "red" lens error message. After I restarted, the lens was not detected, but after detaching and reattaching the lens everything was fine, and so every time you turn on the camera.

I change Samsung, 64GB Class 10 Card, with same micro SD and all is OK. :)

Noted and checked too! Not sure how this will affect LR but it could be a real issue on duplicates etc...

This needs a fix ASAP before long term damage is done to peoples work.

Lightroom doesn't require unique file numbers, so not an issue there. That being said, I would MUCH prefer to have unique file numbers since it is much easier for me to find lost files and the like if the file names are unique. My solution is simply to have Lightroom generate the file numbers in sequence during import. This way I never have to worry about different cameras generating the same file number (such as my Lieca 'M' or my X2). Even if/when Leica resolves this issue, I would recommend just having LR do the file naming on import.

- Jared

• Like 1

my WiFi is also not working any more!!! t

Yup, I have the same problem. I had WiFi working fine with the last version of firmware--I could use my iPhone as a hotspot and connect directly or run through my home WiFi. Now I can get the camera to connect to my home WiFi, but I can't bring up the photo browser using the IP address the camera says to use, and I can no longer connect to the camera via the phone app. When I try to connect directly to the phone as a hot spot, the screen on my camera turns half pink/half black and the camera freezes--I have to pull the battery. At least in my case, the WiFi has gone from working perfectly to perfectly useless. Luckily, I don't actually use it at all.

- Jared

• Like 1

>>I received that "lens error" message also when I first installed the firmware with the zoom lens attached. I too was concerned, but all seems ok. When I changed to the 23mm lens, the camera updated the lens firmware for that lens without issue.<<

Exactly the same thing happened to me! Error message during firmware upgrade of the zoom lens which was attached to the camera. Then I switched to the 23mm and its firmware upgraded without a hitch. When I then re-mounted the zoom, nothing happened and camera and lens appears to be functioning normally. This is the THIRD report of the same error message while upgrading the lens but it does not seem to cause any problems. The only question I would have is whether I actually upgraded the zoom lens or not as the error occurred during its upgrade. Is there any way of knowing what the lens firmware number is?

Edited by pvak

>>I received that "lens error" message also when I first installed the firmware with the zoom lens attached. I too was concerned, but all seems ok. When I changed to the 23mm lens, the camera updated the lens firmware for that lens without issue.<<

Exactly the same thing happened to me! Error message during firmware upgrade of the zoom lens which was attached to the camera. Then I switched to the 23mm and its firmware upgraded without a hitch. When I then re-mounted the zoom, nothing happened and camera and lens appears to be functioning normally. This is the THIRD report of the same error message while upgrading the lens but it does not seem to cause any problems. The only question I would have is whether I actually upgraded the zoom lens or not as the error occurred during its upgrade. Is there any way of knowing what the lens firmware number is?

Exactly the same here re the error message with zoom attached. All appears okay but there is no way to check. An obvious bug in the update process.

I did talk to Leica US on the phone yesterday, and let them know that the lens error message had been received by multiple people on the forum. But yes, everything appears to work fine.

In talking to Leica US on the phone, I was reminded that yet another reason why I buy Leica is that talking to their customer support is such a pleasant experience.

Now I just want to know what T prime lenses are coming out before I commit to an M lens to use on the T.

Exactly the same here re the error message with zoom attached. All appears okay but there is no way to check. An obvious bug in the update process.

I installed 1.3 with my18-56 lenses. After the update I got the "red" lens error message. I detached and reattached my lens, switched couple of times off and on in different scenarios, but my lens is not updating and the "red" lens error message still appears.

When I press the red camera button and switch one, it says "firmware up to date", after pressing OK it seems that the camera is recognising my lens and let me take pictures. Switching off and on again, the "red" lens error message appears again and doesn't let me take pictures.

Does anybody know a solution?

2 below could solve the problem - does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks

I installed 1.3 with the 23mm on the camera. After the firmware installed, I restarted the camera. Then the firmware upgrade to the lens started. The firmware install finished, and I got a "red" lens error message. After I restarted, the lens was not detected, but after detaching and reattaching the lens everything was fine, and has been fine. The firmware upgrade to the 18-56 went smoothly and I had no errors.

1) Is there a way to see what the lens firmware is? (I know how to see the camera firmware, I just want to verify that the 23mm was properly upgraded)

2) Is there a way to force-reinstall the 1.3 firmware on the camera and lens, or to re-install 1.2, and then re-upgrade to 1.3?

3) After the update, In some low-light conditions, over dark objects, I am now getting an inconsistent a blinking white pixel on the screen (I noticed this first using the EVF, and thought it was an EVF defect, but it's actually visible on both the EVF and the screen). It is not present in the camera output files, but I am wondering if something has been tweaked with the gain during low-light. It was not present before the upgrade to 1.3, and is annoying when it happens.

Overall, 1.3 has further improved the camera. The WiFi performance and stability (with both networks and connected to personal hotspots) seems much improved. The standard jpg output is closer to the raw files, although more muted. The install was a bit nerve-wracking as I dislike red error messages. I tried to call Leica US but they are at their Christmas party today. Hope they are having fun :)

I have been using the camera since late June, and think it is great.

Edited by tfkohler

Loaded the new firmware 1.3, without a problem.

Does what's promised on the package, faster startup etc.!! Nice work Leica!!

Only one glitch I noticed, when using a manual lens and dialing the left button for the focusing aid (or any other setting for this or the other dial), the EVF shows, (confusingly) the right part of the LCD-screen projection (the 3 button A,camera-icon and info button) almost in the middle-right of the EVF-screen.

Seems to be an error. Can somebody confirm this? If so Leica has some work to do in 1.3.02.

Still missing the feature that locking of the LCD-screen is continued (right swipe down), after shutting down and restarting. Would be handy in daily use.

Also using the readouts of the codes of manual M-lenses, for correction (distortion and CLA etc.) in-camera of the lenses, is highly anticipated by me (As Sean Reid suggested in his review)

Meanwhile still having a lot of fun with this beautiful camera!!

Anyone else experiencing this anomaly when using manual focus lenses? I want to upgrade the firmware but because I use only manual focus M lenses and legacy lenses, do not want the distracting icons showing in the EVF.

dunk

• Like 1