Compare 21 ASPH to WATE?

xrogers

Guest guy_mancuso

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Honestly you can't go wrong with either a 21mm and the WATE , there both extremely good . Were the WATE shines it colors is at 16mm and more on the wide side of the Aperture like F4 and 5.6 the WATE does have the advantage over the CV 15mm which i love this little lens but it really shines at 6.7 to 11 the WATE is just cleaner here more wide open. Than the convinence of the WATE is certainly something to look at 1 lens compared to having a 15 and 21mm which your going to need two filters and one is not even on the streets yet. Now having said all that I would NOT buy the WATE again if John's filter holder was not out there. i love leica but there design on the filter solution is just bad design but with Johns adapter hood filter setup with a leica 49mm filter it really becomes a winner here. I actually have that taped to my 135mm today shooting clothing. LOL

So the decision gets harder if you have nothing under 28mm and you want something wide. It's a tough call but i don't regret selling my 15 and 21 for the WATE for me it was a good decision, my only issue is fast super wide which has me looking at a 24mm but you can't go by me and my amount of lenses , I'm a pig on glass and just like having everything which goes against the M mentality but this is my primary and i will not be caught with my pants down on a job. Stands to reason , i am getting paid and i better be prepared for anything.

My wife buys that thinking I hope.:D :D :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images