V-LUX firmware update, when?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello!

I just shed out out some extra money to buy the V-Lux instead of Panasonic FZ1000 just because I love Leica...

The Panasonic FZ1000 has a firmware update since September with added features like 4K Photo and 24p in 4K video... when we can expect to have a similar Firmware update for the V-Lux?

Thanks!

Sonny

Not aware of and firmware update for the V-Lux.

The V-Lux has 4K video. It could be the Leica product was not released until the features you listed were incorporated into the camera.

Panasonic FZ1000 is the same camera with V-Lux (Typ 114) and FZ1000 already have a firmware update since September which added new important features:

- 4K Photo mode (not confuse with 4K Video)

- 24p in 4K video (this is an important feature).

More info:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 firmware update enables 4K Photo Mode: Digital Photography Review

D-Lux and V-Lux users, please share your experience with your camera firmware update... how long we usually wait after Panasonic has their Lumix firmware update?

I am not in hurry though, Just curious and aware that the camera was recently shipped in a month or two.

Thanks!

Sonny

Sonny,

Read the user manual supplied on a disc. It clearly explains how to extract a 4K still image from a 4K video.

It's an easy process and I've been testing it on a V-Lux I'm trying out. So far I find the camera enjoyable to use.

Bill! I would like to thanks for trying to help but...

You are clearly don't understand the new features that I mentioned.

I KNOW that Vlux 114 can record 4K Video, but I am talking about 4K Photo mode, this is different from just taken a photo from 4K video. In that mode, the photo you extract from video will retains all EXIF info just like you take a regular photo. I am using that 4K PHOTO mode regularly on my Panasonic GH4 and find it very useful! you can set aspect ratio 4:3, 3:2 (right now, you are stuck with 16:9)

And, 4K video currently only have 30p (or 25 if you are in Europe) mode... The new Firmware (from Panasonic FZ1000) already adding 24p (23.98p to be exact)... this is extremely important if you work with multiple camera and have all of them working in 24p.

I love the camera myself but will not do any serious work with it until I get that 4K/24p Video.

Regards

Sonny

Edited by just4fun

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sonny,

There is no update for the V-Lux. Maybe you should just get the Lumix and be happy?

Did you check pages 29 & 213 of the manual by any chance?

Bill, you are unbelievable! please re-read my post, I never complain, just asking opinion about Leica Firmware policy.

As for the features I mentioned, you are again fail to know what I was trying to say.

I repeat for a 3rd time, you are confused and probably don't know what 4K PHOTO really are!

Please! I am not here to argue, if you don't know, please just ignore my post!

I strongly advise you to investigate what I was talking about, I am not a newbie FYI.

Regards!

Sonny

PS: instead of keep asking me to read manual, you can see this Video to know more about 4K PHOTO.

Edited by just4fun

• 5 years later...
On 12/16/2014 at 2:45 PM, just4fun said:

Hello!

I just shed out out some extra money to buy the V-Lux instead of Panasonic FZ1000 just because I love Leica...

The Panasonic FZ1000 has a firmware update since September with added features like 4K Photo and 24p in 4K video... when we can expect to have a similar Firmware update for the V-Lux?

Thanks!

Sonny

Hi Sonny,

I see this post is too old but still I want to ask, HAVE YOU FOUND A FW UPDATE FOR THE V-LUX TYP 114?

I have the some issues that I hope could be fixed with an update:

I can not tweak settings though the LEICA app, but remote shooting.

I can not record 4K in 24 fps nor FHD at 60 or 120 fps.

Pease let me know.

JS

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...