T with 23mm of 28/35mm M

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I'm considering getting a T as a lighter brother to my M.

What are your experience when it comes to lenses, and what do you recommend?

Getting a 23mm Summicron or using the M adapter with either a 28mm Elmarit ASPH or a 35mm Summicron ASPH. Any of the M lenses work better on the T?

/c

Hi,

I'm considering getting a T as a lighter brother to my M.

What are your experience when it comes to lenses, and what do you recommend?

Getting a 23mm Summicron or using the M adapter with either a 28mm Elmarit ASPH or a 35mm Summicron ASPH. Any of the M lenses work better on the T?

/c

I would recommend the zoom with the 'T'. This is the most flexible solution for the camera. It also happens to be a dang good lens aside from the lack of speed. I'd also get the 'M' adapter so you can use your existing lenses which are even better. The 28mm Elmarit and 35 Cron both work extremely well with the 'T'. They balance well and produce first class results. I wouldn't want to be limited to just manual focus on a 'T', though, so pick up either the zoom or the 23mm. The manual focus solution is fine for situations where you can really take your time, but it's never going to be as quick to focus as either a split image or a rangefinder when used manually.

Also, I find it easier to focus manually using the visoflex simply because I'm old enough that my near vision is beginning to go. Since the visoflex is effectively at infinity, it's easier for me to judge critical sharpness that way. If you still have your close vision, you can probably get away with just the rear LCD even for manual lenses.

- Jared

seconded.

get the zoom...... it is a fine all round lens

use any other leica lenses you have with the adapter .... they will if anything give better results and manual focussing is accurate and simple.

I have the 23 but never use it ...... and there should be the other WA and TELE zooms available in the new year .... and early reports say they are very good ....

The 28 Elmarit ASPH is my most used lens on the T as it focuses easy, is small and compact and produces great results. The 40 Summicron runs a very close second.

When I picked up the T my initial idea was to solely use M lenses but have since picked up the zoom which has been very enjoyable and takes advantage of T's capabilities. The autofocus is especially nice when using the app from a tripod or other such instance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've delayed buying a T lens until I decide whether the T is a keeper for me. For now, I'm using a 4 lens setup - 21 Super Elmar, 28 and 50 Summicrons and 90mm Elmar. That last one, combined with the M macro-adapter also provides a good macro-facility with decent camera to subject distance.

If I do go for a T lens, it will be for a zoom but I was surprised to see the size penalty auto aperture and focus bring.

If I do go for a T lens, it will be for a zoom but I was surprised to see the size penalty auto aperture and focus bring.

...... yes and in particular when you look at the size of the lens elements back and front ..... does make you wonder what is actually going on in all the fresh air between them and the lens barrel ...... unless leica have made a decision to base the whole line on the largest of the lot to keep everything neat and uniform .......