Illumination at a village pond + reflection

Iduna

Advertisement (gone after registration)

this is the pond of a reconstructed village of the Demold Open-Air museum which is open on the second weekend of december on the occasion of an advent market. The whole village is being illuminated and here you can see the result of the struggle against disturbing willows

this is a vertical pano of 2 pictures with Canon 5D MKII and Elmarit R 90 mm

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ali,

thank you, your suggestion will be realized.

K.-H.

many thanks for your comment and your idea. In fact I sat some time thinking how to process this. I might reduce the bright blue a bit, because I see what you mean, - but if it is too dark there is a dead black mass in the middle of the picture whereas there is water with its second layer and floating lights. A problem was these willows blocking the sight everywhere but letting free sight only from one angle where there was a disturbing bright light from a limelight.So these are the compromises....

Paul,

thank you so much. Bringing out those reflectied lights glowing needed some tricks in topaz working on local contrasts.

Dee,

I am happy you like it. Night shots are a challenge and this location at the pond had its special traps and required some imagination and a series of exposures.

Stuart

thanks for you reliable support. It's appreciated.

• Like 1

K.-H.

many thanks for your comment and your idea. In fact I sat some time thinking how to process this. I might reduce the bright blue a bit, because I see what you mean, - but if it is too dark there is a dead black mass in the middle of the picture whereas there is water with its second layer and floating lights. A problem was these willows blocking the sight everywhere but letting free sight only from one angle where there was a disturbing bright light from a limelight.So these are the compromises....

Thanks Iduna. I would use Nik software.

It's then easy to brighten up one area and darkening another in separate independent steps.

K.-H.,

yes, layerwork is easy, I usually use PSE ,LR or Topz. Perhaps I'll also try out Nik as you recommended if I find a trial version. THank a lot for your looking into this matter.

John,

I am really delighted that you feel moved by the picture. Thanks, it is appreciated very much.

Thanks to everybody making use of the radio thanks button.

this is the pond of a reconstructed village of the Demold Open-Air museum which is open on the second weekend of december on the occasion of an advent market. The whole village is being illuminated and here you can see the result of the struggle against disturbing willows

this is a vertical pano of 2 pictures with Canon 5D MKII and Elmarit R 90 mm

[ATTACH]472669[/ATTACH]

Fabolous....

• Like 1