A gum tree and a dog at sunset

chakko

Advertisement (gone after registration)

New to the Leica world. This is from my first outing with my new M9 + 50Lux. Many thanks to my wonderfully patient model, Roxanne. All I've done to them is cut the highlights back. Thoughts?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

welcome to the forum.

Your first attempts are promising. The light in the first 2 pictures is very nice. The framing of the second one could be tighter, because there is much unused space above the dog's head. The open lens quality can be seen in the third picture. This needs a lot of training and I am sure you'll enjoy this challenging lens a lot.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Chuck -

Welco,e to the Forum, and based on these images I look forward to seeing more of them, and watching you grow with your vision. I agree with Erl's & Dee's suggestions and add that for #2, cropping not only above the dog, but also from the left, to move it off center,a nd leave more space in the direction it is facing would probably make that shot stronger.

• Like 1

Thank you all for your encouragement. I'm still rather chuffed with this camera. It has reignited my interest in photography after many years of neglecting my other gear (and pretending to be too busy).

Best of all, it is forcing me to think about what I'm doing!

Chuck

Very nice. One thing I found with the M240 is that it needs slightly more capture sharpening than the M8 and M9.

In other words, you can get them more crisp if you sharpen a bit more in ACR, keeping below the artefact level, of course. (assuming you use Photoshop)

• Like 1