Leica M cold weather hand protection?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For the last few years I have found my 'extremities Thicky Sticky' black gloves perfect for freezing or near freezing conditions. They are extremely tactile giving perfect control over camera operations. Mine cost circa £27 at the time. In fact I bought two pairs, one for insurance against loss and use in a different area. Here is a picture taken in 2010.

After trying a few gloves without luck, I got the HEAT 3 SMART gloves recently and really like them. Super warm for regular use (even at negative F temps) and I can fold back the outer layer for camera use (though not for more than 10-15min straight in very cold conditions). They seem to be very thoughtfully designed for the most part.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KKMX6R2/ref=pe_385040_128020140_TE_3p_dp_1

Unfortunately they command Leica like prices as well. BTW, they seem to run a little larger than normal, so you may want to check their sizing guide before purchasing.

Anil

All those tags and ... things ... hanging off those

Ha ha, not too bad in practice though. You don't notice the wrist straps as they are on your wrists (and prevent accidentally dropping and losing you gloves). The gloves are definitely bulky, but you only use these in really cold conditions (when the rest of you is probably equally bulky with layers).

Anil