Leica R7 Shutter lag when tilted downwards

jip

Advertisement (gone after registration)

:confused:

I've got a Leica R7 from someone and I just noticed that sometimes when I take a photo it takes more than a second or even two!! Between the mirror up and the actual shutter release.

First I thought it was random, bun then after some dry firing I noticed it happend ALWAYS when I aim the camera down at the floor for example, sometimes when I aim it straight in front horizontally.. and it has never happened yet when aiming it at the ceiling...

First I thought it might be a computer lag because it has to calculate different light strengths so I tried it in manual with the lens cap on. And it was still the same:

Always lagging 1-2 seconds when aiming down, sometimes lagging a bit 0-1 seconds when I aim in front and never when I aim it upwards 45º. So I'm thinking this is mechanical...

Any one any thoughts had this before? Would a CLA fix this?!

Thanks!

EDIT:

It seems to me that the rear curtain is sticking a bit or something and that that is the reason why it's not firing when tilted downwards.

Edited by jip