109 accessories?

No idea when they will be available. Batteries are not a problem as the widely available Panasonic DMW-BLG10 or its cheaper third party equivalents to work well.

I was told by a Leica dealer that according to his information from Leica AG the Panasonic battery has slightly different electronics and was not recommended for use in the D Lux (109). The reason I raised the question was that B&H was selling the Leica battery for $125 (not yet available) and the Panasonic for $44.

I was told by a Leica dealer that according to his information from Leica AG the Panasonic battery has slightly different electronics and was not recommended for use in the D Lux (109). The reason I raised the question was that B&H was selling the Leica battery for $125 (not yet available) and the Panasonic for $44.

Interesting. Perhaps the dealer is more concerned about losing the sale of an obviously high profit margin accessory at nearly 3 times the price. I have both cameras and the batteries are identical except for the label. The specs are identical. They are both made in China. Both are labeled MH10188. I find it difficult to believe that Leica would allocate resources to engineer different "electronics" for a simple battery, while the rest of the camera's guts are identical. I used the Pana battery in the Leica with no problems. However, I probably wouldn't get a generic battery.

The same goes for the petal lens cap. The mounting is identical--just twist the outer ring one-third turn. $90 vs $40. I will happily put the Pana label on the bottom.

• Like 2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Well I've already used the different battery in my camera and it seems just fine. The chargers look identical except for the name. For that matter the charger for the Panasonic GM1 and LX100 have the same part number for different batteries.

I have a Panasonic battery, a Watson battery after market sold by B&H, and a Leica battery and nothing seems different in the operation of any camera with any battery.

I have a Panasonic battery, a Watson battery after market sold by B&H, and a Leica battery and nothing seems different in the operation of any camera with any battery.

I saw the Watson battery too and I'm tempted to get one. It has a slightly lower capacity, but much better price. I think that even the Panasonic battery is overpriced, let alone the Leica.

Well I've already used the different battery in my camera and it seems just fine. The chargers look identical except for the name. For that matter the charger for the Panasonic GM1 and LX100 have the same part number for different batteries.

The dealer who told me about the batteries was just passing along information he got from Leica. He is a highly respected dealer and forum member and I doubt his motive was to make a few bucks selling Leica batteries. It's possible he was misled by Leica, but to be on the safe side I'm going to go with the Leica battery.

The dealer who told me about the batteries was just passing along information he got from Leica. He is a highly respected dealer and forum member and I doubt his motive was to make a few bucks selling Leica batteries. It's possible he was misled by Leica, but to be on the safe side I'm going to go with the Leica battery.

Here are the two batteries....I know that looks aren't everything but both cameras have the same electronics and both batteries have the same specs. So, I assume the info from Leica may be a bit wonky.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

I'ver swapped batteries between the D-Lut 109 and LX100. They work perfectly with each other.

Anyone using Panasonic DMW-LFAC1K Auto Lens Cap for Lumix DMC-LX100 on the 109 ?

I got the Panasonic Auto Lens Cap yesterday and I can confirm that it works perfectly on the Leica D-Lux 109. I mounted it so that the "Panasonic" label is on the bottom of the lens and will never be noticed. I am very pleased with the operation. My next step is to see if the Cokin PURE Harmonie UV Filter will work. The Auto Lens Cap only has about 1-2 mm of clearance when closed, so it will probably not work with normal size filters.

• Like 1

Now for the grip ? I don't like the Leica grip since it hinders the changing of the battery and SD card.

Look at the grip on my DLux 5 - Richard Franiec Grip yesterday and the body of the Dlux5 and type 109 profile seems to be the same. Anyone knows whether it fits ? before I take it off my Dlux5 and fit it on the type 109.

Thank you in advance.

Now for the grip ? I don't like the Leica grip since it hinders the changing of the battery and SD card.

Look at the grip on my DLux 5 - Richard Franiec Grip yesterday and the body of the Dlux5 and type 109 profile seems to be the same. Anyone knows whether it fits ? before I take it off my Dlux5 and fit it on the type 109.

Thank you in advance.

I sent Richard an e mail and he stated that the grip for the dlux4 or 5 will work nicely

• Like 1