Visoflex question

david strachan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks for the info.

i've got a couple of questions.

Also, I know a forum member said the visoflex works OK on the M8, but I want to make sure: Does it work on the M8 or should I be looking at the Visoflex III only?

Price is different also!

Hi Crow

Looks like you were left hanging with a question, or two.

The Visoflex III is needed for the M8, if you want to use the right angle finder...it is stepped to take account of the "taller" M8 compared to the previous M (film) cameras. It is also more expensive, but much better to use, then the Visoflex II.

The Viso II can be used with the M8, and using the "chimney" finder which has the advantage of dioptre correction, but the image is inverted and also laterally transposed...makes it v difficult to use; except on a copy stand.

If you look long and hard enough you'll find a Viso III for about $200. Look for one without dust.

Good luck, and cheers Dave S :)

Image shows the Visoflex III with Elmar 90mm f4 straight attached to the Viso, used for close-up sometimes (no infinity). Best to attach lens head to leitz bellows onto Viso gives about 1:1 to infinity focusing.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by david strachan
correction

The arm from the viso III may be required to trip the mirror before actuating the shutter. I have s 2a on the m8 with mirror blockage that cannot be avoided. Others claim this combination works

In either case - I recommend a mask on the focusing screen to get accurate borders

Note also. The M8 will not meter with the mirror down. No auto exposure.

By the way - I really enjoy mine despite the issues noted above

• Like 1