Leica C Images - Post Them Here

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Blue Horizon.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

For Keith.  I saw your Red Lion on film forum.  Taking the C with my M7 and M8 to Cornwall this Fall.

Cheers, Dan

• Like 6

attachicon.gifred lion 1280.jpgFor Keith.  I saw your Red Lion on film forum.  Taking the C with my M7 and M8 to Cornwall this Fall.

Cheers, Dan

Glad to see someone is keeping the thread alive!  My (wife's) C will be brought out of temporary hibernation and stuffed into a camera-bag when we head to Spain at the end of the month.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Lambretta at August bank holiday (ageing) Mods rally in Brighton.

• Like 11

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Lambretta at August bank holiday (ageing) Mods rally in Brighton.

attachicon.gifLambretta up close.jpg

Just shows what the 'C' can achieve in terms of handling saturation and highlights - brilliant (in every respect!)

Edited by Keith (M)
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Torre Arabe, overlooking the Spanish village of Navajas in the hills above the Med.

• Like 5

I spent a week in Medellin, Colombia recently following my main hobby of orchid species culture, My C always by my side, I found this peacock in the local shopping mall. At nearly three storeys high the whole thing was created with bedding plants. They have an annual festival of flowers in August. Quite extraordinary.

Richard

• Like 11

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Dyrham Park yesterday, in the hope of catching the leaves turning Autumn Gold. A very windy day, so most of those changing colour were also heading towards the ground.

One of the avenues:

Dyrham_13.jpg

The pathway leading to the church next to the house:

Dyrham_5.jpg

The house:

Dyrham_6.jpg

Typically, the weather at home 35 miles or so to the north was fluffy clouds with sunshine.  By the time I had reached the NT property there was heavy grey cloud with some slight mizzle. Kept the M8 and M6 in my gadget bag. The C came in handy!

• Like 6

Stopped at the Severn Smokery for a coffee with friends last week. 

Nice sunny day, so sat outside. I spotted this carving perched above the shop/cafe entrance.

Severn-Smokery.jpg

Wasn't until I got home and looked more closely that I spotted that security light which rather spoils things, so this was the only image I kept...

• Like 1

Can I raise a general question, please, which is something which you will see also affects some of my own posts on earlier pages particularly from Belgium.

Looking at just this page, the first image of the Red Lion hotel, then Graham's of the Tythe Barn and the second of his latest images showing Dyrham House show what I mean.

This is not a criticism of the photographer or their work, but all the images look "flat" to me, lacking brilliance of say Keith's image of the Tower and Farnz's of the Lambretta.

As I say, I find this with some of my own shots and wonder if anyone else has noticed.....or more importantly can give explanation/advice.

I can't speak for Keith but I always lightly process mine before posting so that might explain the difference?  (Normally I check white balance and contrast, crop if needed and sharpen lightly.  I shoot raw and never post jpegs straight from the camera.)

Pete.

Edited by farnz

Like Pete, I shoot raw (.rwl) but also .jpg.  Most of the images posted here are .rwl imported into LightRoom for tweaks as required (mostly a case of hitting the 'Auto' button in the Develop module, crop if needed and perhaps a touch of contrast. The only sharpening is the default applied by LR).  Here's one taken yesterday treated as such:-

Went to Dyrham Park yesterday, in the hope of catching the leaves turning Autumn Gold. A very windy day, so most of those changing colour were also heading towards the ground.

Keep meaning to visit Dyrham (with 6x6cm and 35mm film) - it is just two junctions west along the M4, but need a new supply of 'roundtoits'!  ;)  For autumn colours Westonbirt Arboretum is closer and generally puts on a very good show but as I'm out of the country until end of the month, I might be missing the best time.  The versatile little C is generally slipped into the camera bag 'just in case'.

Like Pete, I shoot raw (.rwl) but also .jpg.  Most of the images posted here are .rwl imported into LightRoom for tweaks as required (mostly a case of hitting the 'Auto' button in the Develop module, crop if needed and perhaps a touch of contrast. The only sharpening is the default applied by LR).  Here's one taken yesterday treated as such:-

That's a great selfie, Keith.  :D

Pete.

Cough, splutter - good job I had just swallowed my mouthful of coffee otherwise you would owe me a new keyboard  ;)   As to owning a Canon dslr - not me, Sir!   :o

What is not really evident in this shot is the amount of 'bling' he was bedecked with - a true Mr Medallion man!

• Like 1

The Dragon's Lair.

• Like 3