Leica C Images - Post Them Here

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Enjoying the evening sun.

PS - I sometimes wonder why I bother with a bag full of cameras/lenses - the C (actually my wife's) is such a versatile/capable/pocketable marvel!

beautiful image

i have and continually ask myself the same question..... then i look at my prints on the wall... i have several C images enlarged to 30" x 20" and they look marvelous... then i have my favorite (shot with the Q) and my wife's favorite (also shot with the Q) and they are both enlarged to 24" 36" and look spectacular and fill my walls perfectly.. i do not think the C files  can be enlarged that big and still maintain the quality... if someone has done so i would gladly welcome hearing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posed nicely for me this morning - European Garden Spider (Araneus diadematus). 

Leica C, ISO 800, f4, 1/320sec.  (The little C continues to amaze me!)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

So for this trip to Mexico, I brought the C as a backup for my M9 (and I only brought one lens, my trusty 40mm 'cron-C that I've been shooting with since '03). 

Here's a shot from the rooftop of the building where I'm staying in Mexico City. 

Leica C. Image transferred to my iPhone X where I did some editing in Snapseed, then transferred to my PowerBook Pro. 

Also: a question. I got into the beta test for the Leica FOTOS app, however when I went to add my C, it was not one of the options. Is Leica not going to include the C? It has wi-fi.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So for this trip to Mexico, I brought the C as a backup for my M9 (and I only brought one lens, my trusty 40mm 'cron-C that I've been shooting with since '03). 

Here's a shot from the rooftop of the building where I'm staying in Mexico City. 

Leica C. Image transferred to my iPhone X where I did some editing in Snapseed, then transferred to my PowerBook Pro. 

Also: a question. I got into the beta test for the Leica FOTOS app, however when I went to add my C, it was not one of the options. Is Leica not going to include the C? It has wi-fi.

it does not appear that they will.   this has always been a 'step-child' of a camera... it never received any software updates. . .  and now that it is discontinued doubtful that it will

• Thanks 1

it does not appear that they will.   this has always been a 'step-child' of a camera... it never received any software updates. . .  and now that it is discontinued doubtful that it will

The only Leica's made by Panasonic that are supported in the App are the D-Lux and V-Lux. Indeed, because the C Typ112 is discontinued I'm convinced it will not appear, but the new C-Lux is also not in the App. The C-Lux now is the entry level compact so I presume that also will not be included in the App in the future. I have no special interest in the C-Lux and I'm still very happy with the tiny C that has been neglected for a while by me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy Hour - Not ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

One from today, ooc jpeg, just a little cropped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And another, ooc jpeg.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

And the last one. It's in a small village within the port of Antwerp.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The view this afternoon whilst walking back from lunch...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

The only Leica's made by Panasonic that are supported in the App are the D-Lux and V-Lux. Indeed, because the C Typ112 is discontinued I'm convinced it will not appear, but the new C-Lux is also not in the App. The C-Lux now is the entry level compact so I presume that also will not be included in the App in the future. I have no special interest in the C-Lux and I'm still very happy with the tiny C that has been neglected for a while by me.

Update: received the latest issue of LFI and after a quick reading it seems that not all wifi enabled Leica cameras are in the App at this moment like the C-Lux. I hope the C will also be added at a later stage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Relaxing with the morning paper.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So over the weekend I went to Puebla to visit a friend. One day we drove over to Atlixco in hopes of getting a good look at the volcano Popocatépetl. Unfortunately, it was cloudy. On Sunday, the day I took the bus back to Mexico City, the volcano was in clear view. On my way out of Puebla, I pulled out the C and took some pics from the bus window. Kind of an action shot, but there you go.

Also, I had the camera set on A, and I later discovered that it was taking my pics in JPG. Is there really no way to use RAW (or RWL) in A? Anyway, lesson learned.

The deets, C, post-processed in Lightroom CC to remove the colorcast from the bus window. I think in my zeal to edit, I may have softened it too much. Sorry.

I'm liking this little camera, and as a backup to my M9, it's not bad.

Cheers,

Santiago

Edited by ehecatl
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

... Is there really no way to use RAW (or RWL) in A? ...

It depends which "A" you're referring to because there are two on the Mode dial on the top deck.

The white letter "A" on a black background is Aperture Priority, which I use all the time and lets me shoot on RWL + JPEG.

The black letter "A" on a white square is (I think) All-Auto, which makes as many decisions as it can for your and shoots JPEG only.

Pete.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Strange construction (in the middle of a roundabout in Spain).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It depends which "A" you're referring to because there are two on the Mode dial on the top deck.

The white letter "A" on a black background is Aperture Priority, which I use all the time and lets me shoot on RWL + JPEG.

The black letter "A" on a white square is (I think) All-Auto, which makes as many decisions as it can for your and shoots JPEG only.

Pete.

Thanks, Pete!

I meant the black letter "A" on a white square.

I normally keep the dial on "P" but it switched over to the "A" (on a white square) and I ended up with a  bunch of pics in JPEG only. 

S

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Different ways of saying hello...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Organic Navigation System (batteries not required).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This morning, a friend and I rode our bikes over to watch the balloon launch at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. I took my new (to me) M240 and the C. Here is a pic from the C. 

Edited by ehecatl
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Antique 'hat stretcher' for sale in antique dealer, Stamford, Lincs., UK yesterday 

dunk

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1