Leica C Images - Post Them Here

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Christmas Eve morning stroll at Westonbirt Arboretum and the unexpected pleasure of finding blossoms (azeleas?). Leica C in close-up mode.

A Merry Christmas to one and all!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 3

The Leica C is now my weapon of choice when taking pickies of watches. Fully manual mode on 24mm equivalent at f/2 and 1/60 on a tripod using the iPad as a remote release, and keeping as still as anyone with a hangover can. A bit of bokeh is always fun this time o' year.

Merry Christmas, Leica fans.

Ric

Edited by Guest

I just found this thread - glad I did. Here's one I took earlier this month while on vacation.
  • Like 5

and another from my Caribbean vacation
  • Like 2

I just found this thread - glad I did. Here's one I took earlier this month while on vacation.

Welcome - good to see another fan of the mighty C ;)

Sunday morning walk at Westonbirt Arboretum, with the frost just beginning to melt. C in macro mode.

• Like 5

Advertisement (gone after registration)

We were out on snowshoes today and came across this scene of cross, tree, sun and sun dogs. What more could a man want? Whipped out Frau Capucho's Leica C and snapped away.

Ric

Midday, early November at the National Trust's Kingston lacy property and the little C at full zoom (200mm equiv).

• Like 3

Sunday morning walk at Westonbirt Arboretum, with the frost just beginning to melt. C in macro mode.

Just made a 10"x8" print of the frosty leaves image - the first time I have printed anything from the C. Very pleased with the result :)

Keith

This thread has really encouraged me. I am switching from a V-Lux1 to.......I thought a D(109)........ but your images have encouraged me to look deeper at the C(112).

In fact, back in 2007 I traded my early C for my V-Lux1.

I do rely upon an EVF and have seen criticisms of the tiny C EVF as not being good. Do you have any views on that?

Richard

Keith

This thread has really encouraged me. I am switching from a V-Lux1 to.......I thought a D(109)........ but your images have encouraged me to look deeper at the C(112).

In fact, back in 2007 I traded my early C for my V-Lux1.

I do rely upon an EVF and have seen criticisms of the tiny C EVF as not being good. Do you have any views on that?

Richard

Hiya Richard,

The EVF's tiny, but it works: I took my snowy sun-dogs pickie a few posts back using the EVF which would have been impossible using the LCD on the back.

I use it 50% of the time against the okish LCD on the back. Just don't expect anything more either way. Probaby best to try both the Leica C and the D-LUX in parallel to see which you can live with. For me the image quality is great, and I like the colours too. Small sensor that punches above its weight.

No hotshoe on the C but that little flash can at least trigger a slave flash if that's your thing. Otherwise a D-LUX 6 or the new D-LUX could be a nice upgrade.

Ric

Thank you, Ric, that is really helpful.

My problem with EVFs is that I have sight in just one eye and wear spectacles. I just cannot get on with screens.

As you say, I need to go to my dealer and see/hold each model for comfort.

What really attracts me back to the C is that I can carry it around in my pocket ready for whatever occurs instead of taking my larger V-LUX1 only when I know there will be opportunities. On that factor alone the C would score points so long as I could adapt myself to the smaller EVF. I accept as a given that which ever model I choose ....Leica is Leica quality.

This is a really difficult decision for me but you and Keith have been so helpful with your images and comments. I do not need to blow pictures up very large, and certainly A4 would be my maximum, and then only rarely.

I was interested too in your taking images with your iPad as a trigger which looks like fun.

Richard

Keith

Richard

Like Ric, I use the EVF by preference and tend to only use the LCD for awkwardly positioned subjects, particularly in the macro-mode. Even when using spectacles, the EVF gives a clear 100% representation of the view and information that one would see on the LCD. Mostly I use aperture priority mode and the large diameter knurled ring at the base of the lens makes changing aperture very quick and easy.

I have never seen or tried the other cameras you have mentioned so cannot compare them with the C. However, I find it hard to envisage a better shirt-pocket/travel camera!

I likewise use aperture priority with auto-focus almost as a rule. Only go into Manual mode when farting about with the slave flash.

At f2 with 28mm it's no bokeh king, and the f2 quickly slips to f4 or whatever as you increase the step zoom. But that's ok. Oh, and I'm a big fan of the step zoom even if I usually leave it at 28mm.

The EVF is preferred to be used on the hoof, and the LCD when all else fails. 'Cos I do some watch pickies then a small tripod and an iPad is just the ticket for still life. The world's biggest EVF, in effect. Same goes for landscapes. Thinking it over this is because the EVF is unusable on a tripod (my neck don't work that way) and the LCD is always a poor recompense.

Let's be honest, the C is a poor man's (or rich woman's, c.f. Frau Capucho) D-LUX. Bought it for the missus as her point 'n' shoot but I use it regularly! And invariably forget to click it back into Auto mode so she's often in Aperture priority (and usually f2) without knowing it when clicking away at kid's birthdays or whatever. Her pickies are great and she thinks it's because of the Leica red dot. Best not tell her any point 'n' shoot will give nice depth of field results in AP mode.

Let us know which way you go, mate. Betcha a nice D-LUX 6 can be picked up for the same price as a new C, these days.

Ric

I have now discounted all other alternatives I have been researching and honed it down to either the C(112) or D(109).

Need to get to my dealer to compare all aspects. As a cliche, I suppose it will all come down to the size of my available pocket - both financial and physical.

By the way, is there a quick way to get to this thread. I get here only because I follow Keith's offer of some results on his post to "Which Leica Compact" on 06 December?

Richard

Is the EVF on the C 100% coverage? I cannot find that anywhere on the Spec.

Richard

As per post #33:-

Like Ric, I use the EVF by preference and tend to only use the LCD for awkwardly positioned subjects, particularly in the macro-mode. Even when using spectacles, the EVF gives a clear 100% representation of the view and information that one would see on the LCD.

Hope that helps!