Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 11/24/2014 at 3:48 PM, A miller said:

I cringed at that red knob on your shutter release, though. Youxin Ye (a technician whom I use and trust very much) once strongly advised me against using one of those out of concern that the rod, if bent, can do serious internal damage to the shuttter release mechanism.

Yes, I had that happen on an M7 in the middle of a shoot. Bummer getting it fixed. But now I am extra careful with my mini soft release. But yes that red one is hideous.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure I can "love" a mechanical object but, in the spirit of the forum, I thought I ought to start a new thread for Leica's new film camera. (In truth, I think the M-A is really a variation of the MP rather than a different camera but I suppose Leica would like us to see it differently). It is certainly a handsome camera and, strangely, the M-A also feels a very modern camera. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!My wait ended with this one. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

nr 1 Two "back-beauties": MP BP and M-A   nr 2 Three is a good choice...   nr 3 M-A is now the leader of them all. Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden! Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du wi

Posted Images

3 hours ago, kivis said:

Yes, I had that happen on an M7 in the middle of a shoot. Bummer getting it fixed. But now I am extra careful with my mini soft release. But yes that red one is hideous.

Calling @sblitz to give us a 7 year update on his shutter button? Has it caused devastation and mayhem?   

For me

M - Abschied

listening to last part of Mahler's "Das Lied von der Erde ".

Ewig...ewig ...

'

I'll never wander far.
Still is my heart, awaiting its hour.
The dear earth everywhere
blossoms in spring and grows green anew!
Everywhere and forever blue is the horizon!
Forever ... Forever ...

'

On 1/7/2015 at 9:41 AM, FrozenInTime said:

I've suggested it before, but I think the M-A is the forever edition ... that will remain in production long after the M7 and MP meter electronics parts go obsolete.

Well many of us thought the M3 was "forever" and it was for 60 years. Now the M-A starts its reign: 7 years and going strong (Not to say the M3 is going away).

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 1/31/2016 at 9:06 PM, a.noctilux said:

Arnaud

I never could get that strap coming out the bottom of your camera body. It seems awkward to me.

5 hours ago, kivis said:

I never could get that strap coming out the bottom of your camera body. It seems awkward to me.

I don't know, I think it would be out of the way rather than the usual style where you have to either run it between your first and second finger or have it in the palm of your hand against the body.

Akiva,

Using wrist strap is something to try by oneself.

Not really applicable to everyone.

Not one type is universal, in my experiences.

I tried out some solutions to use one that suits well on the gear in use, big/heavy lens, M with/without selftimer, with hand grip, etc.

Two that I use on M-A, now as we can

see here

To go further, I can say that with the one at left attached to bottom of the M and protruding

this gives me better grip with my fingers, different grip for horizontal or vertical framing

On 1/31/2016 at 9:06 PM, a.noctilux said:

Arnaud

I never could get that strap coming out the bottom of your camera body. It seems awkward to me. Everyone is different. All good.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, kivis said:

Why does the M-A have those three little screws on the front body and the MP doesn't?

I might be wrong, but I think it's the M-A paying homage to the early M2/M3 designs, where the screws were visible. I'm pretty sure the MP also has those screws, but they have flat heads, and are hidden under the leatherette.

Edited by colint544
10 hours ago, kivis said:

Why does the M-A have those three little screws on the front body and the MP doesn't?

Funny question, indeed.

Once I asked myself the same question when I had M-A and MP at same time.

Akiva you forgot the fourth screw hiden ( partially visible) under the field selection lever.

Colin's answer may be one of the explanation, homage to older Ms with real vulcanite covering for construction purpose.

Vulcanite as part of the chassis can not cover those screws.

As side note those screws do have real function of holding parts inside, so every Leica M must have those screws visible or not.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, a.noctilux said:

👻

Since long, no more new lovers of M-A anymore ?

Only complains in some 'new' threads ?

Not unusual on forums such as this. Those who love the camera tend to just go out and take photos, whilst those with a (not always genuine) complaint keep flagging them up.

23 minutes ago, Matlock said:

Not unusual on forums such as this. Those who love the camera tend to just go out and take photos, whilst those with a (not always genuine) complaint keep flagging them up.

I love my MA P so much that I've just attached the Thambar, loaded some acros (with a spare roll in my pocket) and am heading out :)

36 minutes ago, Matlock said:

Thanks,

of course very true

11 minutes ago, ianman said:

I love my MA P so much that I've just attached the Thambar, loaded some acros (with a spare roll in my pocket) and am heading out :)

M-A or MP or whatever M, the results may be same in most case (with same lens/film/etc.), the most important factor IS the user.

Ian, only Acros ?

Two rolls for a day, not that bad 👍

Have fun.

2 hours ago, a.noctilux said:

Ian, only Acros ?

Two rolls for a day, not that bad 👍

Today only Acros yes. I prefer not to mix so I know I can develop two at a time in my small Paterson tank.

Guess which idiot left the second roll in the car 😬🙄