I love my M-A

You can verify with a loupe, it's in metal. (I also thought it was plastic before…)

Here is a picture of the iso dial of my MP, where we can see that the central part is in metal (relative to the outer circle in plastic).

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

The matt black does not show up too well in this artificial light - but the black chrome is the same as the M-Monochrom.

Can you post a picture that shows the back? Interested to see what the ISO dial looks like against the black body.

• Like 1

Can you post a picture that shows the back? Interested to see what the ISO dial looks like against the black body.

I should really try to get some daylight pictures, but for now, here is one of the back.

• Like 18

The B&W or Color reminder dots are a nice touch.

I must admit I didn't realise that was the purpose of having two dots. I subconsciously assumed that each pointer related to a different scale (e.g. ISO and DIN) but, of course, there is only one scale on the dial.:o

.... and comparing with M7 :D ?

taken with my iPhone

Which you prefer ? :)

Best

Henry

Silver on black isn't the look I would have chose, it's certainly not the historical choice.

I do like the use of the long arc on the circle so you can easily set the of the intermediate speeds...instead of constricting the scale to just a half the space available, or less on older cameras. Going forward, I wonder if it's possible to update the design of the MP/M7 backs to include the same scale on the dial for setting the film speed.

For the M7 user, trying to use DX coded aperture priority +/- adjustments with your thumb at the bottom of the scale would probably be become super tricky if not impossible.

For the M7 user, trying to use DX coded aperture priority +/- adjustments with your thumb at the bottom of the scale would probably be become super tricky if not impossible.

Bob, there is a "click" every time we turn , and just turn the wheel facing indications and feel this click.

I have no problem with that and the DX code * (which works very well and is never have any trouble on my 2 M7)

helps me a lot because I am a little distracted :)

I'm afraid with my new MA I will have to find a new reminder :D

Best

Henry

* PS: I often check the battery status and keep clean the electrical contacts of DX

• Like 1

I suppose they would travel in the same direction, but the travel of your M7's DX clicks would be significantly smaller, would they not?

I only bring this up as I have difficulty setting the intermediate speeds on my M6. That font size is starting to give me issues heading full steam ahead toward 50.

Edited by Jaybob
  • Like 1