X-113 and Visoflex - GPS

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi guys, New member here....

I recently bought the X-113 and a Visoflex. The Visoflex is primaily used for EVF and diopter purposes, but when something is marketed with some function, I like to test it.

The Visoflex is supposed to give GPS readings. However, turning the function on and being outside with it for a few hours still does not make it function. The exclamation mark, telling me that the reading is not received, is there all the time. A couple of times I have been able to get a reading, but then only after multiple times turning the "X" off and on, removing and mounting the Visoflex, so there does not seem to be any consistency in when it will get the GPS reading.

I have also been with the importer, and they don't know what is the problem, either. The problem was replicated with their Equipment as well... I understand that some "T" cameras also have suffered from this.

Any other X.113 users out there who suffers from this? If we are many, maybe Leica will look into the matter....

Sorry, I can't help with your GPS question, but could you verify, for EVF (type 020):

In some of the product descriptions it's said to "tilt-and-swivel" - can you verify 180 degree rotation - 'selfie-ready' or in other words - pan /tilt 360 /+90 degrees?

Thanks, and welcome to the Forum, Tim

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hotshew
      Hi, I am new to the S system (S3) and I have yet to get a GPS lock when outdoors. The camera's GPS function is enabled (On) in the menus and the  satellite indicator appears in the top LCD screen with an X, indicating no lock (and I can confirm no GPS metadata in image). Are there any known issues I should be aware of and, if not, how long does it typically take to get a GPS lock assuming open field with no line of site issues? I've searched the forum and found some GPS related post cover time sync problem, but I'm getting nothing. I'm not getting a lock in the same locations that I would get a fast (<10-15s) using my 1Dxii.
      Any help appreciated,
      Thanks!
      -Roland.

• By Monochrome_Man
      Hello fellow reddoters
      Is any improvement in GPS functioning after last firmware? Last time, i was checking it was terribly laggy and sometimes exif misses geotag info.
      This made a MFG simple useless for me 😐
      Regards.
    • By sandro
      Today arrived the Visoflex IIa that I bought. On JC's beautiful website and in Laney I read that the Visoflex IIa appears in 1962 in the catalogue of Leitz New York. On the Visoflex IIa itself just the usual name of Leitz Wetzlar appears. So was it indeed produced in Wetzlar, and for the general market? Or primarily for the American market, which could explain the mention in that Leitz New York catalogue? My oldest catalogue is from 1970 and consequently only shows the Visoflex III.
      Lex
    • By dritz
      I purchased this new just a year ago. Barely used. I use my R lenses on an SL, so this is an unnecessary accessory for me.  Sale includes:
      Visoflex 020 base plate Leica nylon pouch box, instructions Lovely leather Art di Mano case (retails for $129 at Leica Store Miami) Shipping is at your expense and must be insured. Import duties at your expense.  Item ships from Seattle, USA.
      High resolution pictures (and more than the 5 permitted here) are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1d-te2fFJBZD0tXBS2xf5myb7zlmEFd84?usp=sharing.
      Thanks.
      dritz40 (on that auction site)
    • By sml_photo
      Has anyone else had any problems connecting the GPS to the M10 Monochrom?  Most of the time, I see in the rear screen that the GPS icon has an "x" through it...obviously not connected.
      I have the Visoflex connected to the camera and the GPS turned on in the menu. 
      I realize there are areas that pose a problem for GPS connections, but I have tried various types of environments.
      Am I missing something?  I've only had it connect sporadically over the past few weeks. 
      Thanks.