Leica Fotopark

DigitalHeMan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I decided to try Footpark so I signed up 1 week ago. Fairly quickly got a mail back to Complete my registration with an activation link, clicking the link always but always rewards me with 503 message. Great the slogan "We are here, where are you?" - in this case is rubbish it should be something more apt as neither of us is here..........

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Guest

Seems extremly crappy i couldn't sign up.

And it's totally impossible to understand what it does for you. And why i should register.

Sadly I can not even complete the registration for some reason. I can of course use the Discover button to browse the categories. From that it seems like any other social networking site with likes and "favoured by users". So in so far as I can browse without being logged in, I could see it as a networking tool. However there are so many complaints on this thread that it makes me wonder how useful this could be.

• 3 months later...

There was an internal team working on it in the beginning. The ones I talked to in the beginning are doing something else at the factory these days.

The original idea was a cloud, but it's a sharing page. 

They should have had Andreas at L-camera-forum set it up as part of this forum. 

Edited by Overgaard

• 6 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, I've been a Leica user for decades, and a member of this Forum since 2002, but have not yet uploaded photos to Fotopark.

I have the following questions about Fotopark, which I hope some of you will be kind enough to answer:

1) Is it allowed, or is it proper, to upload photos taken with cameras other than Leica?

2) Can a non-Leica user upload photos on Fotopark?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Yeah it all works now. It just let me log in the day after. Seems a busy site with a lot of great images being posted.

And an incredibly long uploading process, that imposes you, one image at a time, to fill up ALL details otherwise upload is prevented, and among these details you must select your tags among the ones Leica has decided.

Sorry for this, but the simple fact of not being able to upload a series of pics in one go just kills it for me (and, I presume, for all people that are closer to professional than I am)

From time to time I upload a photo, just to check things have not changed.

Fotopark is for users that have PLLLENTY of time to allocate for pics uploading.

If you forget your password, you can forget it...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

(...)

I particularly like being able to load images at a proper size without any restrictions or downsizing, lack of sharpness etc.

This is definitely a key feature for me too.

But Ipernity allows this too, along with DNG direct upload (that in addition are rendered for consultation).

Indeed I never found another site that both allows any picture size, allows raw files, and can show all sizes while permitting download only for those you allow.

(how they proceed remains a mystery for me, but it's a fact: you can consult a pic fullsize, but if you select 'save jpeg to file', 'print to pdf'... or whatever you just get garbage if the author didn't allow this.)

I don't want to oversell Ipernity, but definitely I mean I am more than disappointed by Fotopark...

• 3 months later...

still pretty poor performance: SAFARI tries to download for hours while FIREFOX kindly asks whether I "really want to use this kind of website". Although the features are quite interesting it definitely requires some experts to look after it.