Leica Fotopark

DigitalHeMan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I made no claims regarding comparative quality. When I was using Nikon cameras I scoffed at the cost of a certain German brand and said "How could it be a better product????". Then I tried using a Leica.

If I understand you correctly, you essentially had been eating apples and took the plunge and tried an orange and liked it and discovered that it really is different from an apple.

Here, we are talking about a choice between buying an apple directly from an apple farm or buying the same apple from Leica :eek:

If I understand you correctly, you essentially had been eating apples and took the plunge and tried an orange and liked it and discovered that it really is different from an apple.

Here, we are talking about a choice between buying an apple directly from an apple farm or buying the same apple from Leica :eek:

I expect that as fotopark evolves there will be additional lab options on other continents. It would mean I can order an apple from a farm in Australia for delivery to a customer on that continent, another apple from a farm in Argentina for a custumer in that country, and another apple from a farm in Wales for local delivery; each farm would have been pre-selected by Leica for quality and service.

But the apple would be glorious if from Leica.

@ A miller

We make no secret of the cooperation. We clearly disclose it here:

https://www.leica-fotopark.com/de/tnc

You'll find the relevant information in Section 2 / §1 / Paragraph 2.

Regards

Ansgar

Thank you, true. Now — and that's not specific to Leica — the business definition of "clarity" remains a mystery to me. The point in question is easily to be found roughly 3100 words down a fascinating text...

Cheers,

Alexander

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm wondering about things like resolution, colour space, etc. If I'm going to upload for web display/sharing my photos are not going to be high res and I'd post them in sRGB. For prints, I'd like a lab to print from a full resolution file, some labs also give an option for a wider colour space, etc. Does that mean I'd have to upload different files? My PP would be different for web and print.

The RT-300 projector was outsourced with the possible exception of the lens.

Thanks for that. I was blown away by 6x6cm transparency projections when it was all we had. I am almost afraid to get back into it.

Why are uploads not working?

I programmed image uploads with safeguards. It seems the uploads of your site are mismanaged.

Pico,

Can you still reproduce the upload issues on your end?

This was most likely a temporary issue. We could not detect any malfunction regarding this.

Ansgar

Pico,

Can you still reproduce the upload issues on your end?

This was most likely a temporary issue. We could not detect any malfunction regarding this.

Ansgar

Thank you for asking, I probably erred by thinking my image would be printed by your service to a large print of 40x40 inches, so it was very large and even with four tries in two hours it failed to upload.

@ A miller

We make no secret of the cooperation. We clearly disclose it here:

https://www.leica-fotopark.com/de/tnc

You'll find the relevant information in Section 2 / §1 / Paragraph 2.

Regards

Ansgar

You're kidding, right? Risky business trying to out-lawyer a lawyer :D

As a technical matter, I think the provision to which you refer has a serious drafting error (or at least ambiguity) b/c paragraph 2 refers to an "online photo service," whereas paragraph 1 refers to an "online print service." It is not clear precisely what these two terms are supposed to mean. My interpretation after spending all of 10 seconds thinking about it is that "online photo service' is referring to the many photo products - such as framing - that White Wall offers to customers; whereas "online print service" refers to the act of making prints for customers. Since the only mention of White Wall is in paragraph 2, it would seem that White Wall is not being used for the prints but rather only for the framing and other multitude of products into which prints are installed.

This is really all beside the point because, as a matter of fair business practice with respect to customers who aren't anal lawyers, "clear disclosure" would be to simply have a statement on the website, on the same page in which the print service is described and from which it is ordered, that White Wall is the subcontracting vendor.

This was done with the short-lived Monochrom print service. Leica didn't rely on legalese buried in poorly drafted legal agreement boiler-plate.

Truth is that White Wall is a terrific service for what it is. I just find it bothersome that I haven't been given enough info to determine whether I'd be a sucker to use them through the Park site b/c I'd be overpaying vs what I currently pay by going direct.

• Like 2

With all this high quality talk, I'm surprised the only color space allowed is sRGB. Adobe 98 and ProRGB would be a nice addition for those who are looking for a wider color space. But then again, I see it's only a lightjet printer being used. I'm under the impression a lightjet is only capable of sRGB.

Also, has anyone here had any MM prints with the now defunct printing service? How was the print quality with that?

Also, has anyone here had any MM prints with the now defunct printing service? How was the print quality with that?

yes, and the lightjet prints on Ilford B&W paper, both the purely automated process as well as the more expensive manual "silver gelatin" process, is very nice.

Hello everyone,

Has anyone experienced an issue with the Jpeg photo colors looking very different on fotopark after uploading?

I have some photos looking consistent and some looking very different (color-wise) after uploading...

I haven't used it since the initial beta, but iirc you need to upload photos in the srgb color space. If you upload Adobe rgb then they will appear different when displayed in most browsers.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I got the invitation email today so I registered and uploaded a dozen photos.  The registration was easy and the image uploads went without a hitch.  Entering metadata was a snap, too. 

I have had a couple of issues, though:   I cannot figure out how to change the order that the photos are presented in; also, under My Projects, the website thinks I have 11 images uploaded; when you click on All Photos, 12 show up; it makes no sense.

Has anyone else signed up for Fotopark lately and had an fairly positive experience?

Here is the link to my photos:  https://www.leica-fotopark.com/de/images/list

Only a single photo I uploaded in different sizes and resolution levels when the Photo Park was started. 
Although I saw different color effects, but no evidence of size or resolution.
After my browser was set stricter to ward off annoying advertising and unnecessary tracking, I can even no longer view this uploaded photo and also can not see other photos.

Since I see here all the photos of the Leica Forum and upload my photos using the new limitations with no problems, there should be no reason for me to reduce the security settings irresponsible only for the Photo Park.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!