Leica T App only JPG

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello everyone.

I'm using the leica T app and although I have in my camera settings the option "DNG+JPG fine", in my memory card or internal memory I only get JPG files when using my iPad or my iPhone. Do I'm doing something wrong or anybody else is experimenting the same problem.

Thank you,

Hello everyone.

I'm using the leica T app and although I have in my camera settings the option "DNG+JPG fine", in my memory card or internal memory I only get JPG files when using my iPad or my iPhone. Do I'm doing something wrong or anybody else is experimenting the same problem.

Thank you,

you do nothing wrong..... thats a bug in the Leica software!!! hope they fix it soon

• Like 1

Hey guys!, it has nothing to do with Leica. You are complaining at the wrong window.

iOS does not support DNG. Apple is the culprit....

Let me google that for you

You need to get an app like Photoraw.

Sorry, but I'm not tech savvy, if leica app is use as a remote trigger, how that affect what it records on the card or internal memory of the camera? I understand that you can transfer or see pictures to the IPhone/iPad and jpg files is ok but I don't like the idea of not having my DNG file inside my camera.

Maybe both are the culprit :D

Francisco -

Have you tried downloading your images to a computer instead of to an iPad or iPhone?

Jaap's point is that the iPad and the iPhone will not accept DNG files unless you add an application to them that allows them to do so.

Francisco -

Have you tried downloading your images to a computer instead of to an iPad or iPhone?

Jaap's point is that the iPad and the iPhone will not accept DNG files unless you add an application to them that allows them to do so.

But TO does not want to transfer DNGs to the iPad. That was said more than one time. He wants to capture DNG on his CAMERA, using the app as remote control.

That is something completely different!

• Like 1

Sorry, but I'm not tech savvy, if leica app is use as a remote trigger, how that affect what it records on the card or internal memory of the camera? I understand that you can transfer or see pictures to the IPhone/iPad and jpg files is ok but I don't like the idea of not having my DNG file inside my camera.

Maybe both are the culprit :D

The problem is not what the camera records on the card, its both.

Rather the problem is that the iPad will only show files that it supports, those being JPEG and perhaps RAW. You will need some kind of application on your iPad that supports DNG, as already suggested, and then you will see that the DNG files are actually really there :cool:

Yes I know. I also have an OM-D E-M10 where its similar.

All I wanted to say is that it must not be a bug, as its maybe working as designed.

The only thing I want is to have a DNG file wenn I use the T in a remote control situation !!!!!!! as I always shoot in DNG+jpg mode!!!!!! I just use and keep the DNG files.

Edited by alexander

There is so much ambiguity and chaos in this thread that I suspect the only logical solution is for each person who is having difficulties to go to a good Leica dealer, explain exactly what's bothering them, and see if the dealer can solve the issues

• Like 2

OK. What happens if he sets the camera to DNG only? Does it not fire at all?

I just check and you don't have only DNG option in the camera. I went to a leica dealer here in Singapore and they will let know Leica in Germany about this situation. Trigger the camera using iPhone or IPad should not override the format you are recording in the memory card.

• Like 1

If we can find more users with this problem it is certainly a bug.

As said this must not be a bug as not only one Camera is out there where you have the limitation.

Such as Sony NEX 6, Sony RX100 (i and ii at least) and sure some others which I do not remember at the moment.