Sign in to follow this  
Iduna

autumn in the deep forest

Advertisement (gone after registration)

still I am very busy processing all those hundreds of pictures from my Hong Kong trip but yet these autumn days are so demanding for roaming in the forest that I could not resist taking a few series. so here are a few from last weekend where we enjoyed all those almost summerly temperatures.

This forest is being dominated by birches, needle trees wild berries, heath and and very few other trees. On sandy soil this is a very long and extended strip at the bottom of our small mountains where the ocean of the early earth history found its natural border.

the first 3 are with Canon 5D MKII and Elmarit R 90 mm

The other 2 are with Leica X1

Dee,

many thanks - I roamed carried my camera on the tripod shouldered ready to stop many times, because there was so much to see.

Bill,

thank you so much. Yes. no 2 was interesting. I watched this light there, rumbled into the thicket and hurried to get a few shots, because sun was sinking very quickly. Then I discovered approaching nearer that these mossy "hills" were fallen trees almost being sucked back into the soil. So these features are showing the natural process of the forest vegetation.

Louis,

thank you very much, yes, youi are right: I'll do more in B&W and here it probably will work. I get my 2 new IR filters by the end of this week and then new experiments will be started.

Hank,

many thanks for your time watching this series. I am glad you like it, you are right about the b&w look, I'll work on it.

tedasa,

I am happy about you nice feedback, thank you very much.

Stig,

thanks a lot for your nice comment. I am happy it came out like this. It was an atmosphere between 2 worlds: a touch of warm sunrays and the already cool autumnal bluish dark parts. Somehow these trees were ghostlike messengers from fading nature.

iduna,

Number two gave me a feeling of living 500 years ago. Lovely.

Hallo ,Iduna.I love this beautiful set.Nature always overwhelms me and it is in this environment I find tremendous piece of mind.

Bravo: John [/i]Basso.

Iduna,

A beautiful series with the magical light of the forest and the lovely colors. These pictures remind me of Eliot Porter's work.

Paul

Stuart,

thanks a lot, nice to have your feedback.

Al,

this is good and a nice comparison. Yes, you are right, something like a primeval jungle was there..

Lawrence,

thanks for sharing the feeling.

Ali,

I am happy you have your favourites. Thanks for your time and writing a nice feedback.

John,

yes, I feel the same and I am very happy if something of this is being seen in the pictures. Thank you very much.

Paul,

fine, if pictures can evoke associations and imagination. Thank you for your inspiring comment .

Hello, all those nice people clicking the famous radio button, thank you very much

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this