HELP - How to Rescue Deleted Photos from DMR?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

May I suggest members abstain from needling member dsapkota.

dsapkota, in view of what has happened to you, I urge you to start backing up the contents of your disk drive on a regular schedule and to practice the retrieval of files. The next time you lose any file for any reason whatsoever, it might not be the apparently minor annoyance you experience this time.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You were saving pictures from the SD card to your computer. One (only one?) picture collided with a picture on your computer, because the names were the same. Your SD card still carries the new picture of that name. I would say, that you should search the backups of your computer.   If you don´t have made backups, it will be difficult. I think, the operating system has assumed a change of the contents of the file with that name. It is probable, that the new contents is written to another

Always a shock, moments like that you describe. If you have not reformatted your card, all is not lost. If you have reformatted the card, try one of the free file recovery programmes (search the forum for the latest recommendations). The latter should succeed unless you have been shooting again and overwritten some of the lost data.   Back to your problem. I always import my new files giving them an unique reference such as Date-File number. If you adopt a similar practice in future, you shou

As I said before, no one here can possibly recommend any action which is certain to succeed. Also, presuming that you used your laptop computer after overwriting the image, chances have become even smaller that a recovery is possible at all.   It is certainly up to you to decide if buying an app which may or may not let you find the lost image is worth the price. I personally would do so if the image was worth very much to me, also taking into account that the app might become useful another t

Dear All,

I was transferring pictures from my SD card to laptop and it asked - an image of this name already exists, do you want to replace it (something like that) and I chose the option - yes and pity the image was gone which was already there.

I used the R9+DMR combo.

I do have the SD card. Anyway to rescue the lost image?

Looking forward to hearing from you and thanking you in advance.

Were those 2 different images?

Or did you transfer the image in question before?

Were those 2 different images?

Or did you transfer the image in question before?

I was transferring pictures from SD card to my macbookpro. It asked - this fie is already there, do you want to transfer/replace anyway (something like that, do not remember exact language) and I happened to click on yes

Truly. It strikes me that the OP is looking for an answer to a student project.

That might be the case.

But its possible that they really don't know what to do and simply expect that the answer is easy, which it is. Here are the step by step instructions

1. Google "data recover applications", include your OS in the search, download a trial version and see if it finds your missing file on the Hard Disk. If it does, pay for the full version so that you can recover that file. If the first trial does not work, or is too complex, then try another - there are lots and lots.

2. Don't want to do that, find a friend who will _do_ it for you, or pay someone to _do_ it for you.

3. Setup a backup system so that you don't have to do 1 or 2 ever again.

And, be aware, that the longer you wait to _do_anything_at_all_ the more likely it is that your missing file will not be recoverable.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

dsapkota

So Not Lost...You have them...............coooooooooooooool

Yes, I have them but not original, they are resized one with 72 DPI to post in the net, original ones are lost.

Yes, I have them but not original, they are resized one with 72 DPI to post in the net, original ones are lost.

Half a sandwich is better than none.....................

I am not talking about my friend, I was talking about you guys (friends), read above all the replies, some of you have written that the picture should be rescued from my laptop, not form SD card.

Pay attention. If you have not used the SD card (and sometimes even if you have), the SD card is your best source to re-load the images. See the first part of my earlier post.

Pay attention. If you have not used the SD card (and sometimes even if you have), the SD card is your best source to re-load the images. See the first part of my earlier post.

I put the SD card in the memory slot in my macbook pro to transfer the pictures to my macbook pro.

Hi, Dhruba,

Sorry to hear that you've had this problem. We've all pressed the wrong button from time to time I suspect.

First things first: do you know the file names of the files that have been overwritten on your MacBookPro's hard drive? If not, then you should be able to work it out from the file names that are still on your SD card because they will have the same names as the files you accidentally overwrote.

Choose a filename of a file you want to recover, go to Finder (application on your MacBookPro) and type the file name into the Search space at the top right of the screen (this is called Spotlight). For each of the files that Spotlight finds (and there may only be one) click on the found file once and you will be able to see at the bottom left of the screen the path to where that file is stored on your MBP. If you change the view in Finder to thumbnails (4 squares in a square formation under "View" at the top left of the screen) you'll be able to see if it's the original file or the one you overwrote it with. I don't think that Finder can search for files that have been overwritten but it's worth a try because it's quick to do and will cost you nothing.

If Spotlight can't find the overwritten file then go to the App Store and search for EasyFind, which is a free app. Download it and launch it. When it's open you'll see on the left hand side of the screen at the bottom an entry called "Invisible Files & Folders". Check that box, type in the file name you want to recover and EasyFind might be able to retrieve it for you. (If that sector of your hard disk has been overwritten by other files or Apps then unfortunately it might be lost forever.)

If EasyFind can't find the overwritten file then I recommend asking the same question in the Apple Communities website. Here is the same question you asked but you might need to ask it yourself quoting your software (OSX) build and hardware details to get an appropriate answer for you.

Good luck!

Pete.