Leica X1 battery lock slider kaput

kennekam

Sorry to hear that. The person who replied to me was Dave Elwell (dave.elwell@leicacamerausa.com) if you want to give it a try.

Just got another message from Jeanine saying they cannot give an estimate of the repair if I don't send the X1 first. 

My camera is in Mexico, I would have to pay maybe 50 dollars to ship it, and I can imagine a $300 bill which is half its current value. Not worth it to replace a 4mm plastic piece who might break in 4 weeks, really.

I will send Dave an email and see if we can figure something out. Thanks for the info!

Just got another message from Jeanine saying they cannot give an estimate of the repair if I don't send the X1 first. 

My camera is in Mexico, I would have to pay maybe 50 dollars to ship it, and I can imagine a $300 bill which is half its current value. Not worth it to replace a 4mm plastic piece who might break in 4 weeks, really.

I will send Dave an email and see if we can figure something out. Thanks for the info!

Ship it to Wetzlar. I cannot speak for Leica's present policy, but on my X2 they fixed it within the week and for free.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I bought my X1 new when first launched and have not broken the battery door. My safety first precaution is to shut the door and not leave it open and vulnerable. Simple and only adds a few seconds.

I don't see why anyone would take pictures with the battery door open and exposed. (Don't understand the recommendation)

Ship it to Wetzlar. I cannot speak for Leica's present policy, but on my X2 they fixed it within the week and for free.

Following Kalifornier suggestion, I contact Dave Elwell and reply a few hours later asking for my address so he can send me the piece free of charge. It is coming home already.  I am very pleased with Leica service, they took the time to attend a minor request which I really appreciate.

Only for that, I am going to buy a used T.  :)