Michael Bass refurbished DMR battery

dkCambridgeshire

Advertisement (gone after registration)

After approximately twelve charging cycles, my Michael Bass refurbished (re-celled) DMR battery is giving well over 200 actuations per charge. Today the battery indicated 'low' when with the third consecutive SD card, the DMR showed 50 remaining exposures - that's after 235 actuations with the freshly recharged battery. When first used following Michael's refurb., the battery was giving approx 90 'pops' but after each subsequent charge/discharge cycle, the charge capacity has increased. I have just two DMR batteries plus a Quantum One battery for which Michael provided a DMR 'voltage stepping' cable - which is useful for studio work and conserves the two DMR cells. Still trying to source additional DMR batteries but they are scarce. Two were recently listed by a UK dealer - one 'new' at £350 and one 'used' at £200. I don't think any new DMR battery warrants a £350 price tag but it appears to have sold.

dunk

• Like 4

Henry -

Considering shipping costs it might make more sense for your European DMR friends to have their batteries renewed in Germany. I do not recall the organization that does it, but I'm certain somebody on the Forum will remind us.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There is the European batteries repair service suggested by Leica:

preiswerte Akku Reparatur - Aufbereitung Akku - Akku sofort reparieren - Akkupack Aufarbeitung - Umweltschutz mit Akku Recycling - alten Akku aufarbeiten - defekten Akku aufbereiten - Akku Reparatur Mainz - Akku Reparatur Wiesbaden - Leica DMR 14447

He can recell R8/R9 MD batteries packs as well.

Don't search for English version; unfortunately the hole site is in German, but some essential information is written in English ;). You can also mail them in English if you have any question and they will reply in English too.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...