T vs X-Vario +X(2)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I guess you guys are right.

The sky comes out a little more cyan in the X-Vario shot in this case.

This was not scientific - I guess I would have to white balance on a colorchecker or something.

I also shot some other images. My overall impression - when using LR standard profiles - remains the X-Vario to show slightly warmer and slightly more vivid colors, and the T very slightly cooler and neutral colors.(still very nice saturated).

by the way...I also compared both to the Leica M... and the most interesting thing was not the resulting image but the viewfinder experience. In contrasty light the M viewfinder is so good for the eyes and you really see the "real" light and colors of the subject.

One thing is sure, the X-Vario produces excellent color.

The T - in my eyes, is very close, but if it was just about color in a direct comparison I might slightly prefer the X-Vario at the moment.

We should also not forget the T is in an early stage and might get even better in future with more profiles in LR and firmware. But it seems allready very good at the moment.

Thanks for the comparison, Tom. I've always wondered about the colour differences between these two cameras and this is really helpful.

I think the first one above is XV, but your photos show that there's actually very little difference. Nothing that can't be fixed in post. :)

As a real world user of the T (back up to my MM) I can say that it is an excellent camera providing superb results that are the equal, or better than, the XV and the X2 (I have had both).

It has its idiosyncrasies, but I've never owned a camera that didn't.

Like lots of others, I'm waiting for the 11-23 wide angle zoom; the XV and X2 owners don't have, and never will have, that option. That's a big advantage of the T.

As a real world user of the T (back up to my MM) I can say that it is an excellent camera providing superb results that are the equal, or better than, the XV and the X2 (I have had both).

It has its idiosyncrasies, but I've never owned a camera that didn't.

Like lots of others, I'm waiting for the 11-23 wide angle zoom; the XV and X2 owners don't have, and never will have, that option. That's a big advantage of the T.

Sure, the flexibility is why I own the T. I am personally looking forward to the Telezoom but I am afraid I might not be able to resist the wide angle zoom.

On the other side one can do many things allready with the range between 28 and 70mm.