Leica customer service - Read what happened to my M9

Samir Jahjah

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm in the same boat with my M9 and water damage (seltzer can fell into camera bag...yup)

I will reach out to Leica when I get home (happend while on spring break). It is definitely not a happy camera right now and is exhibiting very strange electrical issues. I removed the battery, bottom plate and cap, hoping this will dry some more.

The sensor WAS good and hopefully it still is. I'd love to have this particular camera repaired as it has sentimental value, aside from being a beautiful machine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ToddSch said:

I'm in the same boat with my M9 and water damage (seltzer can fell into camera bag...yup)

I will reach out to Leica when I get home (happend while on spring break). It is definitely not a happy camera right now and is exhibiting very strange electrical issues. I removed the battery, bottom plate and cap, hoping this will dry some more.

The sensor WAS good and hopefully it still is. I'd love to have this particular camera repaired as it has sentimental value, aside from being a beautiful machine. 

Put it in a sealed sack with uncooked rice.  This can absorb moisture.  And it can't hurt.  Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Moe Howard sprayed me in the face with a seltzer bottle. Then he gave me a double eye-poke. And then he held my nose and slapped my face.

So I sent my M9 in to Leica. They sent it back with a new sensor, a free book, a rangefinder alignment, and they milked my goats.

I would call this excellent service.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I had a similar experience with a new sensor and a new cover and M9 adjustment. I think the Leica is a really good value for money. I used to have a Nikon at motor trader and had problems with its repair, it is especially difficult to find a good master and this created a lot of problems, I also sold my Nikon equipment and do not regret it. It would be great if only Leica did 150-400 Elmar for my S2, I would be a happy camper I read there are many like me here, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one who thinks so.

On 4/3/2021 at 8:42 PM, boojum said:

Put it in a sealed sack with uncooked rice.  This can absorb moisture.  And it can't hurt.  Good luck.

Took all caps off, placed camera body in a panty hoe. Sealed in a sack of rice, placed in the sun for about a week. Sent into Leica...for CLA.....It's been back for about 2 months now and so far good as new. Fingers crossed. This camera was DEAD and I was not very optimistic.

• Like 1