Camera Bag ?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

those crumpler haven inserts look nice, which size do you use for your gear?

I have a medium and a large. The medium will hold two rangefinder bodies with smallish lenses mounted. The large will hold the same, plus have space for maybe another lens, or a box of film or whatever.
  • Like 1

That actually looks great. Would go in most rucksacks as well.

Yeah. I find with most backpacks, the haven sits at the bottom, and you end up with a lot of wasted pack space above it, so while it's doable, is something I've tried and it didn't end up working for me. You can put things on top, making it hard to get your cameras, or you can pack things in underneath it, making you remove the camera insert to get to that stuff.

A pack that has a horizontally divided pack setup could work really well, though.

ede10fd00aa1a87dad07ccec285a0ea1.jpg269791e72530fea8529d595a9942786e.jpg

I hope these images upload correctly... Using Tapatalk on my phone.

This is the large Haven. Looking in, you can see on the right an M240 with a 50mm Summilux ASPH attached, then a T with the 23mm Summicron in the middle, and on the left is just some general storage space: spare batteries for each camera, Visoflex for the T, and a couple other things.

The medium pretty much chops that left storage space off. Maybe a little wider than that: the two camera spaces might have a smidge more room.

Just to give you an idea of how this looks with some Leica gear inside.

• Like 1

I hope these images upload correctly... Using Tapatalk on my phone.

This is the large Haven. Looking in, you can see on the right an M240 with a 50mm Summilux ASPH attached, then a T with the 23mm Summicron in the middle, and on the left is just some general storage space: spare batteries for each camera, Visoflex for the T, and a couple other things.

The medium pretty much chops that left storage space off. Maybe a little wider than that: the two camera spaces might have a smidge more room.

Just to give you an idea of how this looks with some Leica gear inside.

very helpful! thank you for sharing the pix.  will likely be picking up one for myself  :)

Here's my general purpose camera bag. It's an old army haversack. The Billingham Hadley insert is a relatively recent addition.

There's plenty of room for a T and a couple of lenses plus iPad and sundries. It's light, waterproof and durable. It has accompanied me on my travels since the early seventies. As you can see it has worn well.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I really like ONA's products. They have messenger styled bags that don't look like a camera bag, and come in waxed canvas or leather. Definitely a vintage look.

ONA | Stylish Camera Bags | Leather Camera Bags | DSLR and Laptop Bags

I just love it - the ONA Bowery for Leica. If the price does not help you get there, then the lack of quality will.

These sling-bags are super comfortable. One is larger and lined, another smaller. Check out the price. It is so reasonable I have three (plus Domkes) and pack them to go with different configurations. One is always in the vehicle. Being a sling it can be carried behind the hip and pulled around instantly for access. (The small top pocket is full of cards and batteries.)

I wonder if the sophisticated Euro people would consider it slumming or too military. Oh, gosh, how humiliating (as I photography them howling or scoffing.)

Pico, I agree, they work a treat. I have one, branded "National Geographic", and used it with an X-Pro-1 and two lenses, (18mm, plus 35mm).

I always felt "geeky" with it, but equally felt a lot more secure, across the body it felt the chances of theft were significantly reduced.

While I haven't tried my T in it, I am guessing the 18-56, plus VisoFlex dimensions will mean it won't work. Works with my M6 and 50 Summicron collapsed though.

Gary