Le Comte Y

Camera Bag ?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sounds like a tagline for a new series of Domke camera bags.

Good come-back!

One is an aged Domke, but it represents the high-end of my bags. The rest are variations, largely Eastern European military 'sling' bags costing me about $30 each, and the sellers probably had a markup of at least 500% on each. My favorite is a slightly downsized copy of a Vietnam medics bag (A1 or M1, depending upon source, from my own original) re-made in durable thick black nylon. I'm out of them.

Edited by pico

For Leica T, with EVF Visoflex and 18/56 lens, both attached. Besides 55/135 lens:

1) Think Tank Sub Urban Disguise 5: it fits, but a little bit tight

2) Think Tank Sub Urban Disguise 10: it fits perfectly well, with more space for a flash, charger and batteries

I hope to be helpful

I like the hardgraft cube. It fits the T very well. Hard Graft

how to fit a small camera with lens all together in a bag without any partition?you will store a leica and some lens summilux /notcilux or other in a square box without any separation to crash each other? well mabe a Lomo plastica camera /lens combo

:D:D:D

Good come-back!

One is an aged Domke, but it represents the high-end of my bags. The rest are variations, largely Eastern European military 'sling' bags costing me about $30 each, and the sellers probably had a markup of at least 500% on each. My favorite is a slightly downsized copy of a Vietnam medics bag (A1 or M1, depending upon source, from my own original) re-made in durable thick black nylon. I'm out of them.

i m curios about vietnama medics bags, do you have some photos to show?

You can fit the T and one lens in the bag. You can use the felt piece included to cushion, but I've found just the supplied Leica polyester bag is enough. I don't toss my T around.

. The only slightly annoying thing about the hardgraft bag is the will felt lining. It is cool but leaves fibers in the beginning.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For Leica T, with EVF Visoflex and 18/56 lens, both attached. Besides 55/135 lens:

1) Think Tank Sub Urban Disguise 5: it fits, but a little bit tight

2) Think Tank Sub Urban Disguise 10: it fits perfectly well, with more space for a flash, charger and batteries

I hope to be helpful

My T with Visoflex 020 mounted and 18-56 resides quite happily in an Artisan & Artist ACAM3000 with room for two other lenses and a side pocket for iPad Air. Works for me.

Thinktank Retrospective 5 or the Urban Disguise would both fit a T and an extra lens and accessories. Wotancraft is the only bag I'll use now after getting one; if you don't know them you should check them out!

Wotancraft is the only bag I'll use now after getting one; if you don't know them you should check them out!

+1 on Wotancraft. Got the Ryker for my T set up and its perfect

Superb quality of material and craftmanship.

Edited by Like A. Paul

In Billingham bags, I found the Alice bag (L2) to be pretty small - large enough only for the T with one lens, and for one additional lens. Not large enough for T plus lens plus two other lens.

I returned that bag and now have the 225 bag which is just enough larger to hold my kit (T plus 11-23, 18-56 and 55-135 plus just a bit more. (Extra battery, pola filters).

Billingham bags are great. I'm sure many of the others mentioned are fine also.

I use the insert of a Billingham Small together with various normal (smaller) messenger style bags, f.i. from Ally Cappelino (London). Fits T with EVF, various lenses, Flash, Moleskine, Ipad etcetc. It's handy, because you can take all the photo stuff out in one go, for other uses (hardly happens!). Is inconspicuous enough for daily use, great on the bike.

For (one day) hiking I use a F-stop Guru with ICU small or medium shallow.

Great backpack for carrying all day f.i. in the mountains and with good facilities for your camera gear.

They have bigger versions for serious trips that lasts several days/weeks. But then I use my own (big) backpack with the insert of a Billingham Small in the top storage compartment again.

i m curios about vietnama medics bags, do you have some photos to show?

I have a down-sized copy made in durable black nylon at my feet at the moment. Eddie Adams had some of these made in beautiful black leather, called The Bag. We had them in the Seventies. None to be found today, but it might be worth having them made again.

An old post about them here: http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/customer-forum/135449-my-leica-bag-proof-concept.html

Holy cow, I just did a Google for them and they have become popular lately and are being copied by many. An eBay illustration here.

Here is mine with the two fall-down pouches released. The top section is closed. More views of a military tan version here.

Looking down into the pack while all three compartments are open, and what it looks like when first unfolded, three zippered compartments, a main and two that fold down. Note that the top piece is a cover that protects everything from precipitation.

Keep in mind that these are available in other-than-military colors. Surf and ye shall find,

Edited by pico

Hi Yvan, I have the Domke F-5XB, olive, model "rugged wear". Very happy with it, and looks great. Not easy to get the "rugged wear" version.

In a certain dealer's s/h camera bag section under 'Branded camera bags' - 'Leica' - there is a very nice leather L-L-Leica C-C-Combination C-C-Case 'M' listed which could be ideal for a T and a few lenses.

dunk

I am just going to add here my best bag is the Billingham Hadley small.  Have not found anything better yet.  I also have Ona.  They look good but so darn heavy!  I bought the Berlin bag recently and not too happy with it as had to cut the shoulder pad off since wouldn't work where I would adjust it too.  They made the straps for people 7 feet tall so it's all doubled up at my height and the shoulder pad could not be adjusted over the metal.  

I have a Billingham Hadley Pro that I have used for 10+ years. This bag looks almost like it did when it was new. It has a few stains here and there, but the fabric has no damage or wear; it is just starting to soften up a bit, similar to the way a pair of blue jeans will soften with age. There are no tears, no holes, no seam failures at all.

The strap on my Hadley Pro has not given way, sending the bag and contents flying - as someone's ONA satchel did. Billingham's straps could damn near be used to tow a car out of a ditch - they are that sturdy.

Billingham bags are not made for the penny pincher. They are an investment that will stand up to a lifetime of normal (and not so normal) wear, tear and use.

Agreed. I have the same in Black. No problem with Macbook and T plus 18-56/56-135 combination. Also waterproof without needing an extra nylon cover.

Hi Folks

Well I had no idea wher to post this so I dropped it here !

I'm looking for a nice vintage leather bag for my new T and accessories (two lenses, visoflex and some filters).

i saw GRAFEA which looks nice ..

Any other input ?

Thanks

Yvan

I have just bought a leather German 'aunts & uncles' case, my Hadley Pro insert fits in there and my computer is lost in it. The bag is slightly higher than the Hadley, but is less deep overall. http://www.auntsanduncles.de/collections/bags/the-smart-chaps-en#paul.

Nice bags with lots of room internally. Just does not look like a camera bag which is great. Feels well made and I hope will last me a long time.

I will still use my Hadley Pro, when I feel like it but not when I also carry a laptop.

Edited by SPB2

I'm not a big fan of using a bag that was made by a primarily camera-bag-making manufacturer, like Lowepro or Tamrac, or classic Billingham-style bags, just because of advertising to everyone around you that you've got a bag full of camera gear...

I like more general messenger-style bags with Crumpler Haven inserts. You have a lot more options for the actual bag, and the Haven inserts are really quite nice. Then walking around with gear can be a lot more incognito.

I'm not a big fan of using a bag that was made by a primarily camera-bag-making manufacturer, like Lowepro or Tamrac, or classic Billingham-style bags, just because of advertising to everyone around you that you've got a bag full of camera gear...

I like more general messenger-style bags with Crumpler Haven inserts. You have a lot more options for the actual bag, and the Haven inserts are really quite nice. Then walking around with gear can be a lot more incognito.

those crumpler haven inserts look nice, which size do you use for your gear?

That actually looks great. Would go in most rucksacks as well.