Camera Bag ?

Small but subtle and room for a few more things (inc iPad):

Billingham Small

Smaller with rigid sides. Room for one extra lens and pockets for batterys, SD cards, and side pockets for mobile phone:

Manfrotto Amica 10

alternatively Kata Lite-431

I've had more bags then hot dinners

I always love those full leather things on view, but they turn out to be very heavy to carry around

Edited by colonel
  • Like 1

I really like ONA's products. They have messenger styled bags that don't look like a camera bag, and come in waxed canvas or leather. Definitely a vintage look.

ONA | Stylish Camera Bags | Leather Camera Bags | DSLR and Laptop Bags

Very high quality products that compare with Fogg, Billingham, etc but priced less. Their distressed leather looks and feels awesome. They are sold at several Leica boutiques in fact.

I have the Brixton messenger bag (which holds a 13" laptop also) and their Bowery (smaller) shoulder bag.

I actually have received many compliments from total strangers regarding the Brixton...

Cheers!

Small but subtle and room for a few more things (inc iPad):

Billingham Small

Smaller with rigid sides. Room for one extra lens and pockets for batterys, SD cards, and side pockets for mobile phone:

Manfrotto Amica 10

alternatively Kata Lite-431

Plus one on the hadley small.

• Like 1

I really like ONA's products. They have messenger styled bags that don't look like a camera bag, and come in waxed canvas or leather. Definitely a vintage look.

ONA | Stylish Camera Bags | Leather Camera Bags | DSLR and Laptop Bags

Very high quality products that compare with Fogg, Billingham, etc but priced less. Their distressed leather looks and feels awesome. They are sold at several Leica boutiques in fact.

I have the Brixton messenger bag (which holds a 13" laptop also) and their Bowery (smaller) shoulder bag.

I actually have received many compliments from total strangers regarding the Brixton...

Cheers!

if Billingham will last for all your life it look for what i read in this forums that ONA are not comparable with Billingham (and even with a normal quality bag....) it look that quality is not so good. and they have many problems with sewing ..take a look :

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/customer-forum/333358-careful-trusting-strap-your-ona-berlin.html

I really like ONA's products….

….Very high quality products that compare with Fogg, Billingham, etc but priced less.

Definitely not the same quality according to multiple user experiences with multiple ONA bags discussed in this thread. And the service follow-up was no better for some.

Jeff

Edit….I see I was beat to the punch above

I got the ONA Brixton last year. Clearly a mistake - if only I'd waited, I could have read the threads about stitching and avoided such a faux pas :rolleyes:. As it happens, I have used my bag for carrying lots of heavy kit, and the stitching shows no sign of failing. The construction on mine appears to be excellent.

Seriously, there are design issues to be aware of: the bag is heavy, so I now avoid loading it full; a body and couple of lenses, ipad, lunch and bits and pieces is enough. I don't like the straps with both buckles and clips, which are noisy, fiddly and the shorts ends can drop off on their own. Any deep bag, like this and other messenger bags, can make it difficult to access stuff at the bottom: my ideal bag would be shallow.

Overall, as with my other bags, it is great in some aspects and not good in others. I typically use it in cities when I want to carry my camera kit plus other business stuff.

Yikes! I was not aware of quality issues with other folks' ONA bags. Mine seem fine - but this is disconcerting for sure.

That goes to show that Billingham is expensive, but worth it. They make a great quality product.

Well, if I acted on every report of product failure, I'm not sure how much stuff I'd ever buy! Certainly not Leica :rolleyes:

But I bet you'd be more influenced by service reputation, which at Leica is quite high despite stumbles here and there. The limited data on ONA wouldn't give me much encouragement, even though I presume most folks are happy with their product. To each his own.

Jeff

• Like 1

Clearly Leica has had some product and service issues, no question. And I've expressed some of my own dismay. But for me, no other company provides the digital RF experience I prefer.

Fortunately, I'm able to augment many service needs with use of 3rd party technicians and, in the event of product failure or loss/damage, use of my personal insurance to cover any serious issues not covered by warranty or company policy.

Contrary to my limited camera company choice, acceptable bag choices proliferate. I only use them for transport anyway, not for daily shoots (except in extreme weather).

We each make choices. No big deal, and no vested interest in convincing others to adopt my choices. The ONA link was provided only for informational purposes as others consider their options.

Jeff