Sometimes it seems less regrettable if pilots are on strike.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sometimes it seems less regrettable if pilots are on strike.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

M8.2 • 'lux75 • LR 5.6 • GraphConv • Oberstdorf • 28. Sept. 2014.

Very nice, and a disturbing title once combined with teh photo.

:)

Thank you Stuart, but these contrails of airplanes flying over the Alps, have already destroyed many nice mountain photos.

Bet that 80% of all business flights would be canceled immediately if the managers would have again travel by ocean liner?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

:)

While we can't expect air travel to go away (the consequences would be too great), the contrails that litter the sky at times certainly impact great photography.

Paul

On successful nature photos with well-integrated contrails I would be very interested.

Would you please show some of those photos here?

Clouds as natural spectacles can enliven photos, but contrails I try, where possible, to avoid in photos.

On successful nature photos with well-integrated contrails I would be very interested.

Would you please show some of those photos here?

Clouds as natural spectacles can enliven photos, but contrails I try, where possible, to avoid in photos.

Once humans have "succesfully" altered landscapes in rather profound ways, you'd just as soon get used to the way landscapes now look, I think. Picturesque villages and cityscapes are eagerly done over and over again by photographers and no one seems to complain about dilapidated stables on lonely alps. Some of the lovely forests in mountain valleys are artificial, too, as are some of the meadows.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Once humans have "succesfully" altered landscapes in rather profound ways, you'd just as soon get used to the way landscapes now look, I think. Picturesque villages and cityscapes are eagerly done over and over again by photographers and no one seems to complain about dilapidated stables on lonely alps. Some of the lovely forests in mountain valleys are artificial, too, as are some of the meadows.

There was a time here in the forum, where prominent members complained about contrails even at photos of cityscapes.

Of course, all a matter of personal taste, but the strict lines of contrails will be usually only be laboriously intrigued in photos of landscapes.

Mostly they draw disruptive from the main motives.