Leica X (Type 113) Photos

Feudal1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Yes, I use DNG. I rarely get satisfying result with the jpeg. And I learnt that the raw file is the way to go with the X 113. Now, since we don't have "raw only" mode in our camera, I set the jpeg to black and white; so I can observes how the highlights and shadows' area are.

Here is a rather good example of X 113's jpeg (with very minor adjustment);

16315636349_c33a486c96_b.jpgL1002285-Edit by Yoki, on Flickr

Unfortunatelly, I don't get many like this (notice how the camera 'limit' my aperture to f/2.2?) when shoting in jpeg.

Sharpness is a non-issue, as the lens is already excellent, even at f/1.7. You may have heard many complaints about how the camera automatically choose the proper aperture for you, when your object is in certain (closer) distance from the lens. In other words; you can't shot wide-open (f/1.7) when the object is very close to you. Now, after using the camera for almost 3 years, I can say that it is actually a good move from Leica; it keep your photograph sharp as it should.

To achieve certain look and colors, I adjust the color-balance (mainly "temperature" slides) in Lightroom and sometimes also did further adjustment in PhotoShop's color balance.

If you have Apple "Photos", you can try the (automatic) "Enhance" feature, then adjust it again to your taste.

I hope this will give you a bit of an idea to achieve certain looks and colors from your X 113.

Cheers!

Fantastic reply. That is pure gold information for a first time owner like me. I have a lot of Leica M's but they behave a little different. You just put me in the right track. Thank you bro. You rule. :)

Fantastic reply. That is pure gold information for a first time owner like me. I have a lot of Leica M's but they behave a little different. You just put me in the right track. Thank you bro. You rule. :)

It's a pleasure, brother.. let's go out, take some beautiful images, and share them here!  :)

Oslo Opera

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Oslo Opera

• Like 2

Solist at Oslo Opera

• Like 3

Black&White straight out of camera, without any post-processing. I'm impressed by image quality (it's a pity you have to compress the picture to post it here, because the details in the feather is lost). B/W is not my usual choice today, it was 30 years since I spent (a lot of) time in the darkroom. This summer I tried the different b/w settings in the X and I'm impressed.

• Like 4

Black&White straight out of camera, without any post-processing. I'm impressed by image quality (it's a pity you have to compress the picture to post it here, because the details in the feather is lost). B/W is not my usual choice today, it was 30 years since I spent (a lot of) time in the darkroom. This summer I tried the different b/w settings in the X and I'm impressed.

attachicon.gif2017-08-13_27377.jpg

I do agree with you, I found the SOOC B/W of X-133 is fantastic.

Edited by Yoki

• 2 weeks later...

looking down...

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...