Leica X (Type 113) Photos

Feudal1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I would be glad about your participation in the 11th Leica X challenge 

„Silence„ 

Silence can be solemn, oppresive, eerie or breathless.
Silence we’ll find  in nature as well as in man-made environment. 
To capture the silence is the challenging task of the 12th X-competition.

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/topic/245539-x-challenge-11-stille-silence/

Guenther

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

OOC JPEG

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

From the same museum, OOC JPEG

• Like 1

This was ooc jpez.

Very much thanks. Having had an X1 a few years back, it wasn't too much of a stretch.  I knew I'd enjoy the extra speed of the lens, and the MF.  I love fixed 35 cameras and currently have an RX1R as well. Like your M and X-Vario, this will go with me most often at least for a while. It certainly X holds it's own for sure in handling and IQ is quite wonderful IMHO!  I like your capture in the Seoul street shot above.

• Like 1

This was ooc jpez.

This aside from your nice model/subject works really well out of camera. 

I usually shoot Jpeg but have been playing with the user profile and trying to find a good combination. Of course there is never just one profile to cover all light conditions and subject matter.  That said it might be fun to start a thread asking people their favorite user setttings. I discovered playing with the contrast setting that going between Standard, Med low and med high was significant.

Thanks for posting this one!

David 

• Like 1

This aside from your nice model/subject works really well out of camera. 

I usually shoot Jpeg but have been playing with the user profile and trying to find a good combination. Of course there is never just one profile to cover all light conditions and subject matter.  That said it might be fun to start a thread asking people their favorite user setttings. I discovered playing with the contrast setting that going between Standard, Med low and med high was significant.

Thanks for posting this one!

David

I like High Contrast balcony and white, contrast and sharpness both at medium high. The JPEG is the best monochrome JPEG I've ever worked with, usually far bette than I can get from the DNG in Lightroom.

• Like 1

I will agree that the Jpeg (monochrome) is really good and useful but I guess I will continue to favor the DNG as a file to work with as there is ultimately more info there. Granted the Jpeg probably suffices for a lot of what I photograph.

David

I will agree that the Jpeg (monochrome) is really good and useful but I guess I will continue to favor the DNG as a file to work with as there is ultimately more info there. Granted the Jpeg probably suffices for a lot of what I photograph.

David

My point with the DNGs is that it would take a lot of time in Lightroom to get them to the quality level of high contrast black and white JPEG OOC.

When I am for serious photography I usually bring my M-E for color and M Monochrom for black and white, both of which are set for DNG only.  The X for me is a more casual use camera, and while I always capture DNG, I only bother with them when I want to see an image in color or am after a much lower contrast look.  What I like most about JPEGs from the X (and X Vario) is that they really get blacks right.  

Of course when exposure isn't right on, the DNG is often the only way to recover an image to usable quality levels.

Serious for me is a specific project or a photography oriented trip, usually where my goal is one or more large prints.

I tend to carry the X with me everyday and it is my camera of choice for business travel. Of course it's files can be used to print large, but its main appeal to me is the combination of convenience and quality. The M serious are fun to play with, but I usually won't bother for casual travel.

I can relate to that. I asked because the word "serious" for me brings up this idea that full frame is for serious work and APS-C for play.  .....but this is supposed to be a to post photos, so I will drop it and hope someone else posts something here :)