Leica X (Type 113) Photos

Feudal1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

In the market for my 113's partner. A Fuji X-E2 with Zeiss 50mm f2 ZM IMO would be awesome.

I concur with Archiver, and would add that the fuji sensors render nothing like the X. I've had a fuji Xpro1 since launch, and now that I'm shooting almost exclusively with the x vario and x113, I'm struggling with what to do with my fuji. I really can't use them together, as the images have such a different feel.

I like the suggestion of the sonnar 50/1.5, Archiver. I owned that lens for some time and I agree it could mix well with the x 113. Both render with great plasticity. The Planar is a bit more clinical and would mix better with a Ricoh GR, IMO.

I personally think the ideal partner for the X 113 to be the X Vario, though. They pair very well together. That said, I would like to shoot a fast 50 & portrait lens also, so I empathize with the thought of a non leica pair (since unless you spend the $ for an M, leica offers nothing that would fit for those purposes).

• Like 8

Thank you. I picked up the camera yesterday and a new filter worked. Loving this little camera so far!

Hi,

what about the lens cap when using a filter???

I bougt a Hoya HD-HFilter but the problem was that the lens cap didn`t fit like before.

Hi,

what about the lens cap when using a filter???

I bougt a Hoya HD-HFilter but the problem was that the lens cap didn`t fit like before.

Yes the cap does not fit as tightly which is not an issue for me because I have no use for a cap when the filter is on. I like picking up the camera and shooting without the cap being another step away from capturing the moment.

• Like 1

I concur with Archiver, and would add that the fuji sensors render nothing like the X. I've had a fuji Xpro1 since launch, and now that I'm shooting almost exclusively with the x vario and x113, I'm struggling with what to do with my fuji. I really can't use them together, as the images have such a different feel.

I like the suggestion of the sonnar 50/1.5, Archiver. I owned that lens for some time and I agree it could mix well with the x 113. Both render with great plasticity. The Planar is a bit more clinical and would mix better with a Ricoh GR, IMO.

I personally think the ideal partner for the X 113 to be the X Vario, though. They pair very well together. That said, I would like to shoot a fast 50 & portrait lens also, so I empathize with the thought of a non leica pair (since unless you spend the $ for an M, leica offers nothing that would fit for those purposes).

Thanks for the feedback. Makes total sense. Alas, a M is not possible at this time. I do want a fast 50 (35mm equivalent). Went to the store, played with the XE2 and left with this:0aa0e844018a6cc5b023b5cca295a996.jpg

I love how they handle similarly.

I hear the X defaults to F2.5 even when manually set on F1.7 for about 95% of shots. Anything closer the 4 feet and it defaults. It has been highlighted on Steve Huff's review of the X. If true this is a bit of a blow. I can't see X2 owners upgrading if this is the case.

Not this hoary old chestnut again..........

Do you really want narrow DOF when taking photos close up ?? .... if anything you want the reverse .....

And how often do you take low-light close ups needing full aperture ?

As usual it is moaning about something that is of no practical consequence of 99% of users. The same thing happens with the T and I've posted images here before that show it makes bu**er all difference in normal usage.

Edited by thighslapper
  • Like 6

Not this hoary old chestnut again..........

Do you really want narrow DOF when taking photos close up ?? .... if anything you want the reverse .....

And how often do you take low-light close ups needing full aperture ?

As usual it is moaning about something that is of no practical consequence of 99% of users. The same thing happens with the T and I've posted images here before that show it makes bu**er all difference in normal usage.

I would add that my observation when using the X 113 is that this was a good choice by Leica. If you only look at BLUR you might not agree, but if you look at your subject you will clearly see coma and other deficiencies at very close focusing distance at full aperture. You can't take the photo this way as the camera stops down automatically, but you can clearly see it in the viewfinder/screen.

Leica made a sensible choice, IMO. Fuji doesn't, and the "glow" when I forget to stop down or stop down enough bugs me. Horses for courses... :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been almost 3 weeks since I have the camera with me. So far, I think the raw files are better than jpegs (I am using LR5).

I do hope the weather will be nicer in the next couples of days, so I can take this beauty out for a nice 'afternoon sun treat'!

16077272388_466298793f.jpg_C253504-1 by Yoki P. Soufyan, on Flickr

(Olympus E-1, ZD 50/2, and FL36R Flash)

16078693089_ff8eb958df_b.jpgL1000784-2 by Yoki P. Soufyan, on Flickr

(Leica X 113, ISO 100, f/3.5, 1/8s)

16078702989_00bb22ae01_b.jpgL1000100 by Yoki P. Soufyan, on Flickr

(Leica X 113, ISO 200, f/2.2, 1.60s)

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Wow..wow..wow. Happy new year to everyone. I'm new on this forum and this is my first post. I've fall in love with these three Leica cameras - D Lux 109, X Vario and X a Typ 113. The more reviews I read the more I become confused which to buy. Honestly I loved all three but can't afford to own all. It keep haunting me from one to the other. After reading this post and seeing all the pics on my IMac all I can say is Wow!!!! Fantastic shots, colours and etc. Will have to score these pics 11/10. As of now I've decided it will be either X Vario or X Typ 113. I liked both point and shoot or with zoom camera. Tomorrow will be my decision day whether it's the Vario or X.