The Leica T app --

jackperk

Yes, I've found it to work quite well. If you've not already done so, I recommend ensuring you're running firmware 1.2. Then, I'd suggest watching this video from the Leica Store Miami on this subject, which I found to be helpful.

Hope this helps!

Paul

Unfortunately, it still does not work AT ALL. I'm using firmware 1.2. The app however when started and camera is already connected to my wifi just supine declaring that there is no camera on that same wifi. Very frustrating. I checked David's video you cited. Quite good but doesn't address my problem at all.

Any other ideas anyone. .???

TIA

The app usually works well for me. I connect to my iphone via personal hotspot (with wifi "on"). If I run into a connection problem (which sometimes does happen on the 1st try), I double click my iPhone's home button to close the Leica app (by swiping up on it), and then relaunch the Leica app. It should work when you load it fresh. It does for me anyway.

Good luck, and enjoy!

Cheers

DGP

O.K. tried again , camera wifi icon shows checkmark with 4 bars signal strength.

the T app on the iPad shows the camera's serial number and is red, it indicates "tap to connect" I tap, and a message comes up "connection error, the camera is busy"

Any advise ? anyone

Thanks

Peter

If one pays this much for a camera , it should work, even though this is not a major feature.

computers have been around for a long time now , myself , I used (also programmed)

unix and microsoft mostly scientific applications (geophysics) for the past 35 years, sure , we had problems at times , but notstupid little ones, today connectivity is not so complicated,

Sounds like you're trying to connect to the camera through the wifi connection in Settings?

Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but if your camera is connected to the wifi network, and your phone or iPad is also connected to the same network, if you then open the T App on your phone or iPad, and then tap on the Orange disk, the connection should e established.

Sounds like you're trying to connect to the camera through the wifi connection in Settings?

Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but if your camera is connected to the wifi network, and your phone or iPad is also connected to the same network, if you then open the T App on your phone or iPad, and then tap on the Orange disk, the connection should e established.

I f you read my post , you'll see that is exactly what I am doiing, however, the message

In th orange disk is " connection error, camera is busy" , the Orange disk does display the

Camera' s serial number

Have you tried to restart both the camera and the iPad?

I had to do that before it worked the first time.

. . . . also, Have you tried it with a personal hotspot on your iPad (probably more useful as you're more likely to use it away from home)

I did restart the camera and the app several times, also deleted the app and downloaded it again.

I'll try your suggestion , hotspot on iPad,

Thanks

Peter

• Like 1

I f you read my post , you'll see that is exactly what I am doiing, however, the message

In th orange disk is " connection error, camera is busy" , the Orange disk does display the

Camera' s serial number

My apologies, I was just trying to help. I had read your post, but I was trying to understand what might be going wrong for you. The easiest solution is actually to see what you're doing as no one else had has this problem.

If you're doing everything right, then your camera must be faulty.

My apologies, I was just trying to help. I had read your post, but I was trying to understand what might be going wrong for you. The easiest solution is actually to see what you're doing as no one else had has this problem.

If you're doing everything right, then your camera must be faulty.

No need at all to apologize and I do appreciate your efforts trying to help me.

I am suspecting a bug in the cameras software or some incompatibility with my network

The app does read the camera's serial number , so communication was established

from there the app shows a message " communication error- camera busy ", this obviously has been programmed in to the app's code, so the programmer anticipated a situation like this, whatever that situation may be.

It is annoying, but no biggie, I was just trying to see how I might use this, I do not anticipate

to use this a lot, if I ever do get it to work, I mostly transfer images from the SD card on to

My MacBookPro . I see this app only as a pre-view method.

The Camera itself is outstanding in every other aspect.

Thanks again for you effort

Peter

Edited by peterleyenaar
spelling
  • Like 1

No need at all to apologize and I do appreciate your efforts trying to help me.

I am suspecting a bug in the cameras software or some incompatibility with my network

Just a thought - you do not require a network to connect to the camera. All you need is a connection between your device (iphone, ipad, and so-forth.)

Go for a short walk away from your home and try again.

Just a thought - you do not require a network to connect to the camera. All you need is a connection between your device (iphone, ipad, and so-forth.)

Go for a short walk away from your home and try again.

Unfortunately, this is not true for all devices. Your carrier data plan must allow setting up a hotspot. My iPhone does not permit this but my iPad does. The data on the iPhone is paid for by someone else (the firm I retired from) and they haven't included hotspotting. The iPad is soley paid for my me, so I can do it. I don't know how much data is used up by a session between the iPad and the Leica T, and I think it prudent if you're going to do a lot of wifi tethered shooting to figure that out so you don't get hit with the exhorbitant fees most carriers charge when you go over your limit.

Edited by WeinschelA

Unfortunately, this is not true for all devices. Your carrier data plan must allow setting up a hotspot. My iPhone does not permit this but my iPad does.

You must be right.

I got a personal hot-spot to come up on my iPhone 4S with iOS 8+, and it gave me the password to share with other devices to use my iPhone via WiFi, Bluetooth and USB, then I turned it on but it blanked out after a couple minutes after I found it on my network. But by the time I found my iPhone on my Air, the network connection became dead. Maybe cellular dialed home to Verison and shut me out.

It ain't right!

Screen shot here: tmp.jpg

Edited by pico

• 2 weeks later...

For post processing, I either use a USB cable or I take out the SD card - it's far more reliable and faster.

When traveling, I tend to store the images on the SD cards, and just review them on my iPad or MacBook Air using an SD card reader. I don't mind the brief review you get through the App, but I tend to use it more for remote camera control.