Leica M Edition 60 - Your opinion

LUF Admin

Leica M Edition 60 - What's your opinion?  

671 members have voted

1. 1. Leica M Edition 60 - What's your opinion?

• Would have bought the special edition. Too bad it's sold out.
    • As regular model for a reasonable price, please!
    • Regular model, please. But with a slimmer housing.
    • I like the approach but I'm not going to buy one.
    • A digital camera without display doesn't make sense.
    • Leica is completely mad if they offer such a camera.

of course you can use a polarizing filter with your SWC!!   I use one with mine all the time, through the use of the 41050 ground glass focus adapter.    Pretty straightforward stuff...

Yes, that's true.

I used a polarising filter a lot on my 503cx, even with B&W, and enjoyed the results.  I will look out for the Leica 180 degree filter ...

Lee Filters Sev5n filter system looks like the deal. 

Adjustment is simply done off camera, and the filter then mounted, as recommended. The dog ate a couple of my filters the other day, so adopting this system is timely. 

bingo :)

bingo :)

Well, let's not get too excited just yet  ;)

For good results, there is a level of skill required. The short point, though, is that TTL or live view is not required to use the filters. I've perhaps bravely ordered a couple of graduated ND filters. This may be a challenge.  The filter holder has centre and third markings on it so you can align the split. Sounds a little hit and miss, but worth a try. 

Anyone tried this, other than with an M(240)?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just thinking about this, my concerns would be largely alleviated if an external electronic VF could be installed on this camera as it can with the M240, which would show live view.  Does this capability exist with the M60?  If not, that's a shame...

Just thinking about this, my concerns would be largely alleviated if an external electronic VF could be installed on this camera as it can with the M240, which would show live view.  Does this capability exist with the M60?  If not, that's a shame...

No, it doesn't.

I agree, though, that it would have been an interesting option; if only the EVF was a lot better than what was offered on the M(240).  I'm not sure I understand why Leica didn't develop a standard mount for the EVF across all its cameras, so they would offer continual upgrades - freezing the M(240) in time with that very indifferent EVF struck me as strangely limiting.

• Like 1